Chapter One

It was a peaceful morning in the small village. All the small woodland creatures were walking about in the forest. Farther away from the village, maybe even in a different world things were not as peaceful. A giant red forest stood and in it, a girl stood. She held her head high as she fought the horde of mobs. It was a difficult battle seeing as these creatures were over 7 feet tall. 

Thankfully for the girl, she was able to defeat most of the mobs escaping with minor injuries. Traveling in the Nether was a hard thing for anyone to do even more so when every living thing there is trying to kill you. Letting out a sigh the (H/C) girl took a seat on the edge of a lava pool.

It had been a few months (about a week in the overworld) since she decided to explore the Nether and it was not a pleasant experience. Getting attacked by a different mob every other second was not how she wanted to spend her time. But drastic measures call for drastic solutions. It's not like she would be staying for much longer anyway. She had found a portal the other day and was ready to go. It just so happened though that said portal was over a massive pool of lava.

Still sitting on the edge of the lava pool, she took a quick chug of her potion and dived in.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

The village was just as silent as it was earlier in the day, but something just felt a little off. The birds were chirping, but eerie silence was hovering in the air. On top of the small mountain, Aphmau was chatting with herself. Cutting herself off when she heard rapid knocks at her door.

"Coming!" She exclaimed leaving her basement. Walking up the stairs she answered the door. Outside was Donna, who had an uneasy expression on her face. A little disturbed by the sight of the older lady outside of her house Aphmau decided to question her.

"Donna, this is new, what are you doing here?" The girl spoke.

"Oh, Aphmau something terrible happened to Brendan and Garroth called me to come and get you. They're in the farmhouse right now" Aphmau closed the door to her house.

"Something happened to Brendan?"

"Yes please hurry!" Donna said urging the girl.

Racing down the steep mountain that her house sat upon Aphmau rushed to the farmhouse. Luckily it was near the bottom of the mountain so Aphmau arrived quickly. Walking inside the small farmhouse she was greeted by Garroth and Kiki at the bedside of Brendan.

Brendan laid in his bed, breathing shallow and rapid with blood covering his chest. Scanning the room she also spotted Zenix looking guilty. Aphmau walked over to Garroth who she could tell was just as panicked as everyone else in the room. Kiki stood next to Brendan holding his hand with watery eyes. You could tell that she had been crying for a while before this. Garroth turned towards Aphmau letting out a sigh of relief, his tense shoulders relaxing a little bit.

"Thank Irene you're here Aphmau! Brendan was shot in the chest and I have no idea where the bleeding is coming from. I've sent a raven to Bright Port where Paul found a doctor, they have a herb there that'll help with the bleeding. Please get it before sundown I don't know how long Brendan will hold out" the guard, Garroth hurriedly spoke. Putting a hand on Garroths shoulder Aphmau gave him an encouraging look.

"What even happened?"

"There's really no time to explain, just please hurry"

Nodding her head Aphmau looked over to Kiki smiling at her before making her way outside of the farmhouse. Walking through the small intersection in the forest Aphmau walked over the oak docks and got into her boat. She sped across the dull blue ocean as fast as she could towards Bright Port.

Practically jumping out of the boat, Aphmau ran up the stone steps carved on the side of the mountain. Halfway up she met the doctor and quickly explained who she was. The doctor handed over the herb but stopped Aphmau before she could go asking about Brenden's condition. The doctor nodded as she explained before going on.

"I'm sure this is the perfect herb for the job, but based on what you just said it would be best if there was a doctor that could monitor him, you're risking him gaining an infection if you don't."

"But we don't have a doctor in our village!" Aphmau panicked.

"He should make a quick recovery miss but it would be best if you have a trained professional there in case of an infection"

"I don't have anyo- wait a minute I do! Thanks for the help doc!" Aphmau said, shaking the man's hand before getting back in the boat to her village. Crashing the boat into the nearby shore she hurried over to the farmhouse tripping on the way there. Giving the herb to Garroth he thanked her before saying that he'll try his best to help Brenden.

"Don't worry about that Garroth I'll have a doctor over here asap!" Aphmau said before rushing out of the farmhouse. Climbing up the mountain and into her house, Aphmau quickly pulled out a clean piece of paper. Placing the paper on her desk by the bed she started at it. It has been over 5 months since she's come out to this village to help and she hasn't talked to her in a while. Shaking those thoughts away from her head she started to write the letter.

'Dear Y/N,

I know we haven't seen each other or spoken recently, but I really need your help back in the village. One of the villagers, Brendan I don't know if you remember him, has been shot and there are no doctors nearby to help. The doctor at Bright Port can't stay away from his village for too long as they are fighting werewolves and need him to stand by. You are the only person I know that has experience in the medical field.

On a side note since I don't want this letter to be too urgent, how are you're travels going? Last I remember you sent a letter about a month ago and you were in O'kasis hopefully nothing bad has happened to you. Anyone would worry when their sister travels as much as you do. Also, Kanna has been the best hawk she could be.

With Much Love,

Aphmau'

Putting the quill down Aphmau looked over the letter letting it dry before folding it and putting it in an envelope. The envelope was a light shade of purple with a little drawing of a dove in the corner. Placing a black stamp seal on the letter she walked outside the house before whistling.

A hawk as white as snow flew through the air landing on Aphmau's shoulder. It nuzzled itself into her neck before cooing. Petting the hawk on the head she held the letter out. Inspecting the letter the bird flapped his wings.

"You know where to take this right Kanna?"

Flapping her wings again Kanna got off her shoulder and snatched the letter, flying away from the village. Aphmau watched as the bird flew farther and farther away. Smiling to herself she silently prayed for the girl receiving the message.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

First chapter! I know it's kinda short but I swear the chapters get longer. I'll be trying my best to update at least once a week, seeing as school is almost over. My regents, SAT, and AP classes all have tests coming up, and I've written enough chapters already to last through them. 

Hopefully, you had fun reading and come back for the next chapter!

, Frost❤

4/20/22