Chapter Ten

Y/n and Aphmau were currently having tea together outside their house. Y/n was filling Aphmau in on what had happened with Laurence and the chicken shaman. It took every fiber in Y/n's body to not cry when she brought Laurence's name up. He has been one of her great friends on all the journeys she has made across the globe. She wasn't going to lie she felt guilty for leaving him in the nether. When she herself had gotten lost in the Nether it was a tiring experience. 

She was lucky, however. She was not by herself during that time. Nor was she lost in a nether fortress. Aphmau could see the clear distress on her sister's face as she spoke about the occurrence. She gently grabbed her sister's hand giving it a tight squeeze. Y/n appreciated the thought. Their conversation was soon cut short as Dale came and approached them.

"Aphmau, Y/n. While I'd like to go into light-hearted humor I'm afraid now isn't the time for that. Garroth has headed for Bright Port along with a few other guards. You should be meeting him there as soon as you can. Though I understand you probably want to see Levin first. Just head to Bright Port as soon as you are able"

"Thank you for informing us Dale we'll go as soon as we can" Y/n replied heading into the house.

The sisters made their way down into the basement towards the nursery. Inside was Zoey and Levin as usual. What they didn't expect was for Donna and Kiki to be there. Stepping into the room Zoey excitedly called the two.

"You made it just in time! Levin is about to walk" A gasp left Y/n's mouth as she turned her attention over to tiny little Levin.

He seemed nervous at first with all the attention on him but after a while, he started to move around. He stood on his two legs with both his hands on the floor, slowly he pushed himself from the floor. He wobbled around for a bit before he finally caught his balance and stood on both his legs. Y/n awed at the sight, her little Levin was all grown up now. All the girls in the room gushed at the baby. Levin laughed loudly at all the attention he was getting before looking over to Y/n.

"Mama!"

It got quiet in the room before it erupted with squeals and laughter. 

"He called me mama" Y/n dramatically cried into Zoey's shoulder. Said girl was wiping away her tears.

Kiki, Donna, and Apmau squealed at the sight. Little Levin had all these girls wrapped around his chubby finger, and he knew that. He laughed and clapped at the reactions he was getting. Levin lost his balance soon from all his moving and landed on his bum. Even though he had just fallen the babe kept a smile on his face. He was just too cute. The sisters didn't want to leave but they did promise Dale that they would go to the meeting in Bright Port. When they got to the docks they were greeted by a familiar friend.

"Ungrth!" Y/n called running over to the golden wyvern, Aphmau following close behind.

"Rest your mind Y/n. I can sense your concern for him all the way to Meteli. I sense he is in no danger" ease made its way to Y/n face after hearing those words.

"Is he alive?" Aphmau cut in.

"He is. Our connection however has become tainted...broken. We are no longer bonded, the only thing that can EVER do that to a wyvern bond is magic as dark as an ancient evil"

"The shadow lord is behind this?" 

"Yes. Laurence is not who he once was, but he is not dead. I heed you warning do not head into the Nether, It's a trap. They want you to complete Laurence's transformation" Ungrth said his head facing in Y/n's direction.

"Me?" She said pointing to herself.

"You were the last lord he guarded with his life, well in your case family of the lord. In exchange for your life, his damaged body will become immortal."