Chapter Eighteen

It was nighttime when the two sisters arrived at Kiki's farm. There were little decorations everywhere. Near the barn doors, Kiki had set up little balloons.  The inside was even cuter with baby toys all over the place, and animals everywhere. Fairy lights hung from the ceiling and there was a little mat on the floor for the babies to play at. It was such a cute setup.

Y/n was busy talking with Zoey while Aphmau looked over the decorations Garroth even stood guard by the door. Aphmau called her sister saying that she was going to get cake for the two of them. Just when she was about to slice into it guess who decided to come. Low and behold Zane walked into the barn. 

Y/n didn't notice till she felt him behind her. She turned around glaring at the dark-haired boy as he handed something over to Dale. She swore he was up to no good. She told Zoey she would be right back as she followed the boy outside. 

He stood off to the side of the barn talking with his two guards. He let out a laugh when he saw Y/n approach him. The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes as she questioned him. If looks could kill Zane would be 6 feet under by now.

"What? Can't I give the children a gift without being stared at judgementally? You really need to work on your manners Y/n"

"Only if you work on yours" 

"Touche, you have never been one for them in the first place. Is Garroth finally going to come and fulfill his duty as the first born to the Lord O'khasis?"

"Actually, what if I told you Garroth has another love in his life?"

"Garroth having another woman in his life?" Zane laughed at the girl's question mockingly "Let's say that Garroth, my dear brother whom I car for so intensely had a girlfriend, fiancé whatever. I'd make sure to take very good care of her, she'd probably be a woman in power because otherwise, we could just easily rip her and Garroth apart"

"Can you cut this short? I don't have all night" Zane rolled his eyes at the girl's attitude.

"...She would be out of the picture"

"You know whenever I'm talking to you I always hope you won't say some dumb shit but shame on me for expecting more"

"As long as I'm alive Y/n things are going to go my way. I'll take Garroth back home one way or another. You're lucky we're not in O'khasis, oh the things I would do you. Maybe next time you'll come back with more than a broken arm. Oh, but look at the time. I need to get my beauty rest now. Remember you have one day left" 

Y/n huffed walking away from the man and over to her house. She knew that Garroth told her not to act rashly but she was about to blow a fuse. She was planning to get her obsidian and call it a day. That was before cadenza popped up. The redhead excitedly ran over to the girl telling her to stay put.

"Da! Da! Da da! Cadenza beauty is proud to present the old Laurence" Cadenza excitedly said doing some jazz hands as Laurence walked up from behind her. 

Laurence no longer had long bright red hair instead, it was cut down to its original length and a light brown. He wore a long navy blue coat that reached his mid-thigh. he had leather gloves that covered both his hands and a brown satchel. He also wore black pants with dark brown boots. 

Cadenza saw how her best friend was acting and laughed pushing the two together and scurrying off into the distance. Y/n cursed the girl out as she fell onto Laurence. The blind man somehow caught her.

"You know for someone with no sight that was a pretty good catch," Y/n said as she stood on her own feet. 

"Just 'cause I'm blind doesn't mean I can't catch you. Please don't tell me my hair is blue, Cadenza kept saying to chill out when she did my hair"