Chapter Twenty-Three

It felt like overnight the O'khasis guards had doubled in size. Every time Y/n would look out of the window she was met with the red and white uniforms they wore. It kept her a little on edge seeing as she is a wanted fugitive in the state of O'khasis. Kiki had sprouted a fever in the middle of the night making Y/n forget all notions of sleep. 

Along with taking care of Kiki Y/n had made a discovery in her search for Odette. In the book she had found in Emmalyn's library it mentioned Irene having a sister. It even went on to talk about how when Irene walked the earth another similar to her appeared near the end and disappeared when she had. 

That information was better than nothing so Y/n would just have to continue her search. Looking outside the window once more she realized that it was morning meaning she had stayed up the whole night again. She really had to get a better sleeping schedule when she got back home. She turned her head back towards Kiki when she heard her move in the bed.

Carefully Y/n bookmarked her page grabbing some medicine and a cold rag. She kneeled down towards Kiki helping her down the medicine and placing the rag on her head. She asked the redhead what she wanted to eat but was cut off when Kiki started to panic. She tried calming the girl but it didn't work in her favor.

"I...I need to see Boldolf" 

"Kiki, please just rest, I swear I'll get you to him"

"I can't! He's in trouble and he needs me!"

"I understand that Kiki but you are on the verge of death for whatever reason and you're incapable of even moving"

"Please Y/n Please help me!" The girl begged

Y/n gentle held the girl's hands before the doors to the house were harshly opened. Y/n swore she would stab the guard as she turned around to face him. Angrily she walked up to the guard ready to sock the man in the face. She paused as she stepped in front of him waiting for him to explain himself.

"You best keep the girl quiet. She is disturbing the village" He spoke coldly.

"And what would you do if you were delirious you prick? You know what I don't want to hear it, do you even know who I am? I'm family to the Lord of Pheonix Drop"

"Family of the lord? Come to see Lord Burt have you? Well, that's too bad. Lord Burt is temporarily out" The guard cockily spoke before relaxation spread across his face "Wait, you're Y/n aren't you..? Well, this just made my job easier" The guard laughed boasting about how Zane was going to reward him.

He wasn't bringing up her past criminal charges so this was a plus " What are you talking about?"

"Oh, well...this is just between you and me, but High Priest Zane has issued a command to all O'khasis Guards to apprehend you"

"On what charges?" Y/n spoke venomously. She swore she was going to jump off the roof if she had to escape O'khasis guards again, especially with Kiki.

The guard made a confused sound before continuing on "What do you mean charges? You should consider yourself a lucky woman"

Y/n had a dumbfounded look on her face "Huh?"

"High Priest Zane is looking for your hand in marriage. He spoke of how you lost your blind fiancé to a vicious attack from a feral Werewolf. Rest assured any werewolf who is in our presence will wish they never crossed paths with us." That didn't sound good "I can't believe Bright Port made peace with the nearby tribe. That will change when they join the O'khasis alliance" The guard whispered to himself.

He cleared his throat before continuing with his rant "Sorry, back to the topic. Zane said he took a special interest in you. Since you have helped him find his long-lost brother. He said it would be a shame to just have one happy wedding when both sons of O'khasis can wed" The guard turned to face Y/n "Isn't that wonderful of him? You should be honored he picked you"