Chapter Eleven

Despite her desperate screams for answers Laurence didn't seem to care. Levin still stood next to the redhead staring up at him in a daze. Y/n was quick to pull the child away remembering what Ungrth had told her earlier. Once Levin was safe in her arms once more she turned her attention on Laurence once more. She noticed that he was wearing the same uniform the shadow knight wore in the never. 

"Is it really you Laurence?" 

Laurence didn't respond to the girl's question. He was quick to turn away from her running off into the forest. Y/n was tempted to chase after him, but she could only resort to yelling his name, she did not want to go after him while Levin was still in her care. She could do nothing as she watched her friend run away from her. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes but she kept a straight face. Brian had come running at the sound of her shouts along with Aphmau. 

"Y/n! What's wrong!? I heard you yelling, are you okay!?" Aphamu placed a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder.

"I saw Laurence...Levin even walked up to him"

"You need to calm down and tell us what happened" Brian tried calming her.

"Laurence...we have to go after Laurence! He was here! He was right there!" Y/n placed Levin in Aphamau's arms and was about to run off before she was pulled back.

Garroth held the girl back asking Aphmau and Brian was had happened. Upon hearing Laurence's name he seemed to understand. Y/n continued to try and explain herself as they walked back to the house, she begged for them to believe her. She even tried to go back to the old lord's house but Garroth refused to let her. Getting to the house Garroth lead Y/n downstairs to her and Levin's room. Luckily Zoey was already in there with Levin.

She asked the fairy girl to watch over her while he went and talked to Aphmau and Brian about what had just happened. Zoey agreed as Garroth left the room. She gave the rattled girl a sympathetic smile, seating herself on the edge of Y/n's bed. Y/n seemed to notice the girl staring at her. Just one look at Zoey was enough for the girl to break out in tears. 

Zoey had been Y/n rock since she got here, she always offered a shoulder for the girl to cry on. Zoey patted the girl back letting her cry it all out. She had noticed how badly the Laurence situation had messed the girl up since the beginning. Somehow the fairy could tell when not even her sister could tell. Once Y/n had calmed herself down did Zoey start to speak.

"I was right behind Garroth when Dale came and told us he and Brian heard you yelling" She handed the girl a tissue.

"I'm sorry for scaring you. I didn't mean to" Y/n replied wiping her tears away.

"I think it's time for me to tell you what I've been through. After all that you've told me, I feel as if you have a right to know" Y/n gave Zoey a confused look. 

"What do you mean?"

"I had a baby once Y/n, but he was...taken from me" Shock was evident on Y/n face at this revelation. "My husband was a part of the elven council. Only elves who are on the council are allowed to know magic, but...I had a gift and I foolishly let my own thirst for knowledge of it dictate my life and...It wasn't fair We're naturally attuned to nature and..ugh, anyway I was banished from our home in the woods for years, and it wasn't a situation where I could easily go back or my husband could follow me. Our magic aura was put under a barrier... and"

"Take your time" Zoey nodded before continuing on.

"My story gets a little better from here. The elder council was found guilty of treason and my husband was able to bring me back home. My son was a man and I missed his childhood. I tried so hard to make up for it but it never felt right and.." By now Zoey herself was crying.