Chapter Twenty-Six

It was the next morning when Y/n woke up. Dante had already been out and about gathering simple things they would need later in their journey such as food. Rolling over to the side Y/n groaned. She carefully left her bed as the young boy approached her.

"Thanks for helping set up camp last night"

"You're welcome, it was pretty funny watching you struggle to light the fire"

Dante puffed out his cheeks "Not my fault they wouldn't light. You know I've never met a Lord who helps with these types of things. Is this a new form of leadership?"

"I have no clue it's just how I and my sister run things"

"Well, that's refreshing. In any case, I would suggest you wear something warmer. Do you have anything like that?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I do. Are we traveling through the snow or something?"

"The climate is a drastic difference than it is here. You can go change in the tent I promise not to look"

"The fact that you even suggest that you won't look puts me on edge" Y/n laughed nudging the boy.

Dante blushed a bright red telling the girl to hurry up. Y/n laughed her way towards the tent quickly changing out of her clothes and into the ones Cadenza had given her. The outfit consisted of regular clothes like black pants and a white shirt. She also wore a simple corset tied with a diamond quilted skirt. Over all that, she wore a long black cloak. On her feet, she sported some simple winter boats.

Y/n wonders sometimes how she is able to fit so much in her bag. Carefully she left the disguise Nicole had given her in the tent. They would be leaving the tent there so it would throw the werewolf tribe off of their tracks. Dante had already hopped on his horse ready to leave. Y/n huffed as she threw herself don't top of her own horse. 

Dante should be glad she knew how to ride a horse cause most people did not. Sluggishly she followed behind the blue-haired boy as they made their way through the forest. A sneeze shook her body as rode further into the land. The trees started to change, no longer were they the simple oak. 

Most of the forest insisted on the tall spruce trees which easily towered both of them. Y/n hummed under her breath as she looked around her. It was around midday when Y/n noticed the snow that slowly fell from the sky. She stuck out her hand from under her cloak catching the delicate snowflakes in her hand. She watched as they melted leaving her hand slightly damp.

Y/n had always loved the snow. Despite almost being killed in the winter time she could only associate the snow with her friends. She, Cadenza, and Laurence use to have fights in the snow. One time Laurence had taken a whole pill and dumped it on her head. She had done the same to him and the both of them ended up sick from it the next day.

Suddenly the trees around them stopped as they entered a clearing in the forest. Looking around she spotted a medium-sized castle in the distance. It was made from chiseled stone and its roof of it was made from bright red bricks. Anyone could see that it was an old thing as the walls were covered in moss and the deteriorating condition of it. 

She suddenly stopped in her tracks as Dante looked ahead. Looking in front she could see why he stopped. Over the icy frozen lake, they were to cross was a group of werewolves. They stood tall as they spotted the two of them in the distance. Dante quickly turned his horse around calling from Y/n to do the same.

"We need to go now!"

"But there is nowhere to go besides the castle and the things look haunted"

"It's our only place of safety at the moment so I suggest we start going before they get here" Dante exclaimed waiting for Y/n to follow him.