Chapter Nineteen

Y/n felt her skin burn as she cried on the floor. Zane laughed at her misery looking toward baby Alexis. While Y/n laid in horrible pain Zane tried to grab the baby. He was stopped when Y/n reached out and grabbed him before going further. The boy scoffed kicking the girl off of him. He was going to run for the child again but changed his mind when he heard the approach of new people. 

"I'll be back for you," Zane said as he lifted the injured girl from the floor.

Y/n spit in his face letting him drop her to the ground. Despite just being fried Y/n was up and moving towards Alexis. She picked the bay up from the ground gently. Carefully she looked over her body making sure she had no injuries. There were scratches here and there but nothing major. She carefully cleaned off Alexis with shaky hands.

Molly was quick to arrive at the scene instantly running over to the two. She carefully held Alexis whispering about her baby. Aphmau was behind the mother running over to Y/n's side. Just as she put her hands on Y/n she pulled back. Her skin was hot to the touch, it felt as if the girl was on fire.

"It hurts Aph" Y/n whispered hugging herself. 

Aphmau whispered comforting words to her sister as she held her. Even though it burned the older sister to do so she held her sister as tight as she could picking her up from the floor. She carried her to the house pushing past everyone and bringing her up to her room. She told Garroth to go and get the doctor from Bight Port while Zoey and Nana would help with Y/n.

Aphmau pushed her sister's hair out of her face as the two magicks users came into the room. Zoey let out a gasp as she saw Y/n running over to her side. Nana was quick to go and get a healing potion from her house. With the remaining consciousness that Y/n had, she drank the healing potion before falling asleep under her sister's gentle touch.

Garroth soon arrived with the doctor from Bright Port. He would be doing an examination of the girl while Garroth and Aphmau would be heading to the house Zane was staying in. Laurence stopped Aphmau before she left the house however asking where Y/n was. She called for Nana to explain to the boy before grabbing a pack of TNT and leaving the house.

Getting to the farmhouse where Zane was staying she lit the TNT and left it at the door, watching as it exploded. Brian, Garroth, and her quickly entered the house checking to see anything suspicious. The entire farmhouse was covered in the same black stone in the plaza. There were rotting bodies all over the place the stench from them being unbearable.

Brian was quick to confirm that they weren't any of the villagers based on their decomposition states. Aphmau gaged as she looked around the room for anything. She carefully moved the bodied to the side as she looked around the room. Walking across the room she heard the sound of the floor changing under her feet. Looking down she kicked the floor from under her revealing a trap door.

She headed into the place. It was pitch black the only thing the girl was able to follow was the ground beneath her feet. Up ahead she was blinded by a bright white light that covered the floor. near the end of whatever this was a straggly creature. It oozed dark liquid, giving it an unpleasant vibe. The poor thing looked to be in pain but Aphmau wasn't looking to give anyone empathy after what had just happened to her sister.

She approached the creature with her sword drawn. The creature cried out like a child when she got closer begging the woman not to her it. Aphmau sighed keeping her sword at her side as she questioned whatever she was talking to.

"Tell me who are you?"

The creature thanked the girl before answering her "I-I...I really don't remember who I am. I just remember things weren't always this dark and painful. There was once light and that was home"