Chapter Thirty-Three

Azura had arrived early the next morning, waking Y/n up as she entered Lucinda's house. Getting ready for another day Y/n brought Malachi to hang out with Logan before going upstairs to where everyone else was. Lord Luke was still in the same cot from yesterday but he looked more alive today than before. Noticing that lord Luke was awake Azura questioned him. 

"How did you wake up Lord Luke?"

"I don't know" Replied the old man just as confused as everyone else. " I felt a strong presence outside of my slumber it was probably Lucinda" He guessed trying to figure everything out. 

Lucinda wore a confused expression as she looked at her father Lord Luke continued on "Despite how horrible I've been to her she still loved me, I felt that and..."

"It's love" Laurence stated.

Y/n gave Laurence a questioning look waiting for him to continue, while Azura looked sadly off to Lord Burt. 

"I-I mean it's just a theory of mine!" Laurence tried to defend himself. " You see when I was er... turning the only person I thought of was Y/n-" Some curious looks were shot Y/n's way as she tried to keep her cheeks from turning bright red. "-It's the only things I can think of, having gone through this experience myself"

Azura decided to give what Laurence said a shot. "Lord Burt I... I love you".

Everyone watched on in anticipation waiting to see if the Lord would wake up. The Lord didn't even stir as he was frozen in his sleep. It was kinda disappointing to see no reaction take place but Y/n didn't voice that. Azura seemed to be heartbroken by this.

"It didn't work" Lucinda sighed.

"What!? I was sure that was it" Laurence stammered. 

"Maybe if you kiss him it will break the spell" Dante tried to reason.

Now while Y/n was all for waking up, Lord Burt this just seemed cruel. Azura seemed to cling to this false hope and did as Dante said. She leaned over his bedside and gave him a swift kiss waiting for him to jolt out of the bed. No such thing happened and it was silent in the room as everyone felt pity for Azura.

"Darn! I was sure that would do it!"

Laurence thought for a moment before questioning Azura "Azura do you love Lord Burt?".

"I am Lord Burt's guard. Of course, I love him" Azura cried frustrated by this situation.

"Azura" Garroth cut in catching everyone's attention. "Think of the way you felt about me long ago, do you love him like that?

"No, I don't love him like that. I love him in the sense that I need to protect him and would do anything, even kiss him, to do so"

"Then we need to find the shadow knight who performed this ritual on Burt and find out how to undo it." Laurence thought.

"That won't do well" Y/n answered "The only shadow knight in the village wouldn't have done this without reason"

"You meet a shadow knight and didn't tell us?" Garroth questioned the girl.

"Well, not exactly that, the innkeeper's wife was once a knight, and when she was explaining a story to me I kinda piece it together-" Y/n explained "-but that's beside the point. She didn't seem like a person to do such a thing. While I know people can be deceiving she didn't seem so"

"Then what do you suppose we do?" Azura asked.

"Wait, only time can tell"

A somber attitude filled the room as everyone heard the girl's words. It was the hard truth but the truth everyone needed to hear. There was no guarantee that Lord Burt would ever be able to wake up from this, let alone live. For all, they know he is already long gone. Azura seemed unwilling to accept this truth, however. Everyone seemed to sense this as they filtered out the room leaving only Azura and Y/n.