Journal

Day 1

Aphmau had finally agreed to let me leave the village! It took quite a while to convince her but I was able to do so. One of the knights in the village was kind enough to give me a map. Based on the map it seems that the closest villages are Bright Port and Meteli. I think I'll go to Meteli for now. Maybe it's a cool swamp village!

Day 2

Sadly Meteli is not a cool swamp village :(

The whole place is submerged in the swamps. Even some of the houses have been consumed by it. I went to meet with the Lord of the village, Hayden when I arrived last night and he was very welcoming. He had one of his knights, Laurence I think, give me a place to stay. I think my stay here will be nice.

Day 5 

Staying in meteli has been quite the experience. The knight I had mentioned earlier this week Laurence turned out to be a huge flirt. He caught me by surprise today with his compliments and said something about it being how cute it was when I was flustered. If it is a flirting war he wants it is a flirting war he shall get. 

Day 10

I meet Cadenza, Laurence's sister, the other day and she was the sweetest thing. Of course, she had a little kick to her also her bright red hair match her personality to a t. She and I along with Laurence are planning to visit this person called the chicken shaman sometime this week. I have no idea who this shaman is but Cadenza told me he had a few screws loose. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong.

Day  12

The chicken shaman was absolutely terrifying! it was only my first day meeting him and things did not go according to plan. Laurence had thought it was a smart idea to throw me into the disgusting swamp water. Of course, I dragged him in along with me. but because of all that, we had drawn the attention of the shaman, and he was not happy in the slightest. He yelled at all three of us threatening to turn us into chickens if we didn't leave. Laurence was quick to leave me and Cadenza behind to save himself from the shaman's wrath.

He's such a jerk sometimes I can't understand. Cadenza gave him a talking to when we arrived back at the village saying it wasn't very knight-like to leave us unprotected against the shaman. On the topic of Laurence, I had one-upped him today in our flirting competition. His face was so red he could've been mistaken for a tomato. It was funny watching him squirm for once instead of it being me. 

Day 16

I've decided to ask Laurence for some basic lessons in self-defense today. He said he would teach some later tonight when everyone else was sleeping so that we could fight the mobs. He had also introduced me to his wyvern Ungrth. He was the sweetest thing ever, imagine my surprise when I heard him speak. I had no idea wyvern's spoke and it seemed Laurence didn't either based on his reaction when Ungrth was speaking to me. 

Day 22

It's been about 6 days since Laurence has been helping me train and I've gotten way better at fighting. I've been making great improvements and my stamina is way higher. I also had a one-on-one conversation with Ungrth the other day. The wyvern told me to be careful about showing my ability to communicate with him as it would put me in a deadly situation.

Day 30

It's been about a month since I arrived in Meteli and it's about time for me to leave. I said my goodbyes to everyone in the village earlier today and am now on a boat towards Bright Port. Laurence had told me to be careful around this area due to werewolves. I told him I would be fine and would exchange letters with him. Hopefully Bright Port is as its name.

Day 33

Bright Port is a gorgeous village with some unique food. The lord of the village had been excited about my arrival based on the letters Hayden, the lord of meteli, had sent to him. I was introduced to Azura who is the head guard of Bright Port and she was absolutely stunning. I won't lie I'm a little jealous about her looks but that's beside the point. 

I had asked if she would be able to help train me as Laurence did and she readily agreed saying she was up for a challenge. 

Oh, and you know how Laurence mentioned werewolves the other day. Well, strange enough I had meet one that actually lived in the village. His name was Paul and the only reason I had figured out he was a werewolf was because he thought the house I was currently staying in was empty. 

Let's just say it did not go well when I woke up to find the furry beast in my house. I had calmed down at some point and Paul had explained his whole situation to me. I started to feel bad for the werewolves. People's perception of them was so negative and it seemed as if it was for no reason. 

Paul ended up thanking me for not ratting me out saying he would do anything to show his gratefulness. I told him not to worry about it but the man seemed ever so insistent on doing something.

Day 37

Paul got me my own bird! I've named her Kanna and she is the nicest hawk ever. I swear I had read something somewhere on how hawks don't usually love humans but Kanna does not show that at all. 

On a different note, I had encountered more werewolves. I was telling Azura how I wanted to see the forest surrounding Bright Port and she agreed promising me she would watch Kanna for me while I went.

While setting up my make-shift campsite I heard whimpering and low and behold a werewolf was laying injured on the ground. The poor thing was so tiny so it must have been a child. I quickly set up my camp and brought the wolf inside to see if anything was wrong. The child had a massive cut along his paw.

I took care of that but I have no idea what to do with this pup hopefully things turn out well.

Day 49

Everything had turned out well with the werewolf. At first, it was a little nerve-wracking as I went to the werewolf village. I was instantly attacked but was saved when I offered them my help with. The wolf cub I had taken care of also backed up my claim saying how I had helped him heal. 

For the next few days, I spent my time in the village a grew a bond with all the werewolves. They are honestly such fascinating creatures. I had asked for some knowledge on them and had been told these grand stories, which I have in my other book. 

I had written everything that the werewolves had told me. They appreciated the sentiment seeing as they were able to write due to their...condition? I don't know how to phrase it. But that's beside the point. 

When I arrived back at Bright Port Azura had quickly made sure I had no injuries. She had been waiting for my arrival since the time I had been gone. I had then told her I would be leaving in the next two days to head towards Scaleswind. 

Apparently, Scaleswind was at war with O'Khasis, and I would have to be careful when entering either land. I had told her I would be careful and not to worry. 

Day  53

After spending the whole afternoon in customs I've finally entered the village of Scaleswind. The whole village was stunning. On my way to the village, I stumbled by some ruins. As I explored them I found a pair of earrings on this pillar. They were made to look like butterfly wings. 

Now that I think about it it probably wasn't a good decision to take them but it's too late for regrets now. 

Day 60

I'm leaving Scaleswind later today. There were many people here that were up for talking so it was kinda lonely. Laurence and Cadenza's letters kept me happy. Azura had also written to me which surprised me. Kanna had been the best messenger bird. I found out she likes to eat chicko nuts so every time when she would come back with a letter I would give her some.

I would be heading back to Meteli in the meantime before heading off to O'Khasis. I studied medicine while here and I'm confident enough to say I could help with major injuries. Hopefully, I will never have to take on the practice but it's a good thing to know.