Chapter Sixteen

Cadenza was quick to get up from her seat asking Y/n to take her to him. Y/n didn't hesitate to lead the worried redhead straight to her house. The two rushed down the graveled path and up the hill towards the house. Once getting there Y/n showed Cadenza where Laurence was before going to put Levin down in his room.

The small babe had had enough adventure for the day and was exhausted. His cute sleeping face melted Y/n's heart as she laid him inside his crib. Y/n stayed with Levin a little longer hearing bits and pieces of Cadenza's and Laurence's conversation. Y/n walked out of the room just in time to hear the end of their conversation.

"-I just want to be happy and being in the care of Y/n is more than enough. So please, let me be happy for now and try not to focus on the bad in life" Laurence finished up with a playful look on his face.

"Laurence" Cadenza breathed in sighing out "I'm so sorry. You're right. I'm so glad you are safe! Are you planning on going back to Meteli once you're done recovering-" Cadenza paused letting all of Laurence's words process. "In the care of Y/n, huh?"

Laurence ignored the girl's obvious tease continuing on with his speech looking towards Y/n who was still standing by Levin's door. "Could I have a moment alone with Y/n for a second Cadenza?" Cadenza wiggled her eye's in Y/n direction at the question.

"Sure thing Laurence. Y/n will call me back down when you're done talking" Y/n hit the girl over the head as she walked upstairs.

Silence invaded the room as Laurence and Y/n were left alone. It was quite awkward and Y/n didn't know if it was because of Laurence's recent confession or the fact Cadenza teased the both of them. Laurence sighed being the first one to talk.

"Did you bring Cadenza all the way from Meteli to check up on me?"

"Actually she lives here now"

"She does? That doesn't surprise me much, Cadenza had always complained to us about wanting to go off on her own. She always hated when you left Meteli, saying she wanted to go with you"

"I never knew that," Y/n said "Please just take this time to rest Laurence, all that I care about right now is your health"

"...You're right. I'll see you later Y/n"

Y/n watched as the redhead curled under his sheets. She watched him with a disheartened look before leaving and going upstairs. Cadenza and Aphamu were currently talking about who knows what. A knock sounded on the door stopping the conversation. Aphmau opened the door and was greeted by Nana (and Brendan), who told her all about wanting to renovate the house.

Aphmau was quick to agree, letting Nana inside the house so she could get to work. Cadenza saw that it was time for her to leave so she said her goodbyes to the two sisters before leaving. Now that it was just Aphmau and Y/n they went downstairs careful not to make too much noise, seeing as they didn't want Levin or Laurence to wake up. For that night Aphmau slept with Y/n and Levin in his room.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

The next morning was a tiring one. Y/n stretched ut of bed looking down at her sleeping sister. She grinned at the sleeping girl moving some of her hair away from her face before looking towards Levin's crib. Levin slept peacefully in his crib and Y/n had just now noticed how much hair he had grown. 

She was sure Aphmau wouldn't mind taking care of Levin for the day as she left the house heading towards Cadenza's.  The streets of the village were mostly empty. Nobody seemed to be awake this early. It gave Y/n a serene feeling as she walked. Walking up to Cadenza's house Y/n knocked on the door. Cadenza happily opened the door inviting the girl inside.