CH. 9

⊹ 。 ゚⁖✦ ˖ ⊹ 。 ゚˖ ✧ ⊹ 。 ゚⁖ °✦

EREN AND YOU FINALLY finished the rest of the dishes, your faces still covered in the dish soap. your mother had already left to her room and all was left was to shut the lights of the kitchen area. the thunderstorm was still roaring in the dark clouds, the rain continued to slap hard on the windows.

"so- i guess i'll sleep out here.. in the living room," eren gulped while his eyes turned to the dark living area attached to the kitchen.

"well first, you need to wipe off the soap from your face, silly," you said to eren, grabbing a damp towel and removed the dish soap from his face. you giggled warmly, he didn't say anything but kept green eyes observing your expression. "and no, you're not sleeping out in the couch, i will," you added.

"wait, you need to wipe off the soap from your face too," eren said after you finished wiping the soap on his face away while snatching the towel away from your hand to clean the soap off your face. "silly," he repeated the name with a small grin.

you both released a short soft laugh in unison while his hands continued to remove the soap off from your face. eren had no idea what came over him, but he was feeling comfortable— more than he ever imagined.

he felt secured for once through a severe thunderstorm like this. right now, he wasn't alone, curled up in a corner of his room and weeping quietly to himself. though the action of him crying during the nights of a thunderstorm, he was much younger and so now, he doesn't really cry a lot but he would have a feeling of distress bottled up.

eren knew his aunt faye was probably worried sick for him but he couldn't call nor message her.

the moment was ruined when another blasting sound of thunder roared, the house even slightly shook and the light flickered once causing eren to flinch and stepped closer to you, his hand brushing against the skin of your cheek.

"eren? you okay?" you questioned and eren nodded his head. thankfully, the power didn't cut out at that moment.

before returning to the bedroom, you lead eren to the bathroom that was across from the room. he had no idea what you were doing as you were making your path towards there until you switched the bathroom light on. you stood in the bathroom while eren stood outside in the hall, in the doorway.

"before we sleep, you have to brush your teeth," you told him, opening the cabinet door under the sink and grabbed a new toothbrush that was sealed. "my mom used to buy extras whenever the ones we used became worn out," you said while handing it to eren and he took it, entering the bathroom afterwards.