CH. 13

⊹ 。 ゚⁖✦ ˖ ⊹ 。 ゚˖ ✧ ⊹ 。 ゚⁖ °✦

ARMIN APPROACHED EREN FIRST after being welcomed by mina, elated to see his friend and even more surprised at the clips that were in his hair. it had actually been a while since he's seen eren in clips like that, the view of him in them brought old childhood memories back. you followed behind armin, next being greeted by mina who was now occupied with restoring fresh pastries on their shelves.

"is he eren's friend?" mina questioned, observing her eyes over at eren and armin. they were chatting while scanning the pastries, it seemed like eren was suggesting some to him.

you nodded your head as a response to mina's question, deciding to let the two friends chat even though you wanted to speak with eren yourself. from the corner of your eyes, you saw your mother enter the room upon hearing your voice. as she was about to approach and greet you with a warm embrace, the bakery's entrance door swung open.

immediately, everyone's head turned towards the direction of the door, watching as a short male with black hair styled in an undercut step in. your older brother stopped in his tracks as he felt all gazes on him upon his entrance. it went silent for a moment and the only noise made was the door behind him when it closed shut.

"what?" levi snarled.

"levi!" your mother spoke first, a smile appearing on her face as she approached her son. levi dragged his eyes away from his mother as she looped both of her arms around his waist for a hug to which he returned after. "i didn't know you were coming today, i thought tomorrow?!"

"please not in front of everyone mom, i have a student working here," levi muttered as he gently pushed away his mom before answering her question, "i finished grading assignments and lectures early, so i decided to visit tonight."

with that, your mother led levi to the back and as they passed eren and armin, eren courteously greeted levi as the two walked by. then everyone else went back to what they were doing— mina finished her set of restoring pastries and went back to her duties behind the register while eren left armin so that he could do his own pastry shopping.

you were walking towards the basket that sold yakisoba bread, scanning your eyes and seeing that there were only four left; so you decided to get all of them. just as you reached for one and held it in your arm, you felt a presence behind you.

turning your body, you raised your head up and saw eren standing there with a basket, where you could carry your chosen pastries, in his hand. earlier, eren saw you head towards the yakisoba bread section and figured you needed a basket— so he retrieved one for you.