CH. 20

『sleeping at last - i'll keep you safe』↹    ⇤      ►      ⇥    ↺

sleeping at last - i'll keep you safe
↹    ⇤      ►      ⇥    ↺

this song doesn't fit the vibe at the first part so play it when eren approaches you

⊹ 。 ゚⁖✦ ˖ ⊹ 。 ゚˖ ✧ ⊹ 。 ゚⁖ °✦

"YOUR DATE WAS SKYE fritz?!" isabel exclaimed from the other line, you hushed her down, eyes scanning around and made sure no one was nearby— especially someone who was head over heels for this man. "he's so ugly," isabel adds in after with a tone of absolute disgust.

"who's skye fritz?!" you heard sasha question from behind isabel.

"that rich guy who's from the famous fritz family, he's like the prince here or whatever," isabel answers sasha's question and you laughed awkwardly. "but did he do anything harmful to you?! i'm not afraid to expose this man, even if it gets me dragged!" isabel spat afterwards.

"no! he didn't do anything i promise, but he's.. quite direct with his feelings, freaked me out for a moment," you remark, thinking back on that moment and shivered lightly. good for him that he was being honest, but it made you feel awkward. after chatting with isabel and sasha, you earned a text from pieck that you decided to ignore for now.

half an hour passed ever since you finished your date with skye and the events that happened there was still roaming around your mind, his words you found eccentric dwelled on you, though you tried not to pay so much attention to it. and eren who was currently approaching you with an item in his hand, noticed your dazing expression.

eren was still curious to know about your date and who the person was, because there was little information said yesterday and he didn't want you to think he was weird for asking. the male placed a cup of warm tea ahead of you, since he was concerned about you and wanted to make sure you were alright.

"you okay?" eren questioned, taking a seat across from you. the bakery wasn't hectic at this current hour so eren had a short amount of time to spend.

"yeah, i'm fine. just thinking about stuff," you answered along with nodding your head, reaching for the cup of warm tea and brought it to your lips.

eren found himself blushing, he hesitated with the words he wanted to blurt but encouraged himself to just say it. "i-if something is bothering you, don't be afraid to tell me.. i'm not that good with advice.. but i'll listen and i'll support and comfort you in a different way.. like.. hugs?" eren stammers, eyes darting from one place and then to your eyes and then away again. the words just slipped off his tongue and his cheeks reddened more, he had never said this to anyone before and it just made him feel bubbly inside.