037. france

S O R R Y

xxxvii||France

xxxvii||France

"I know it's your birthday and all, but can you please hurry up in the shower!" Maria shouts through the bathroom door, practically hearing Regulus roll his eyes. They'd woken up late on Regulus' seventeenth birthday and not left the bed all day. But now, Maria insists that they get ready and go do something fun for his birthday. Maria had gotten Regulus a silver chain and a book specifically for seekers, both which Regulus had been very grateful for, used to not getting much other than what Sirius had managed to get him.

"I offered for you to join, but you said—and I quote 'we need to hurry up'. And I said if we go together, less water—"

"More water!" Maria says, leaning against the door. "We would've gotten carried away and—that's not the point just hurry up!"

"Patience, Maria, patience." Regulus says and she hears the water shut off before the door abruptly opens, Maria almost tumbling into the bathroom from her position leaning against the door and Regulus snickers at her as she glares at him, going into the bathroom herself.

Finally, the duo are strolling through the darkening streets of France, on the way to somewhere that Maria is refusing to tell Regulus. He had told her that he 'hates surprises' and she's shushed him and dragged him out of the hotel.
Seeing the colourful lights and hearing the loud music over the many houses and apartments, Regulus turns to Maria with a raised eyebrow and she shrugs with a knowing smirk, tugging him down the cobblestone street. They reach a small fence and that's when they see the huge Ferris wheel and dozens of stalls, along with other muggle fairground rides.

"This—this is what you had in mind?" Regulus raises an eyebrow, his stormy eyes flickering around the fun fair where grinning children are running around clutching cotton candy and their parents are chasing after them, looking fed up. Maria rolls her eyes and wraps both her arms around his, dragging him through the gates.

"It'll be fun!" Maria says over the blaring music from the Ferris wheel. She leads them to the ticket booth where they get a few dozen tickets, thanking the cheerful man who was eating a donut and walking into the chaotic fairground. "Okay, where do you want to go first?"

Regulus makes a humming sound as though he's thinking as his grey eyes flicker around the fair. "We should go. . .here." Regulus drags her towards a stall where a few children, around eleven or twelve, are throwing hoops at glass bottles.

The man behind the stall hands them six hoops and Regulus lands two of his on the bottles, helping Maria land one before she lands one on the end bottle, smiling in victory and wrapping her arms around the tousle haired boy's neck whilst Regulus chuckles against her shoulder. The man hands her a large teddy bear and Regulus raises an eyebrow as her eyes light up but she childishly sticks her tongue out at him, making him roll his eyes.