Chapter 26: Under new Management

It was early in the morning on a beautiful Monday when Diavolo and Theresa were walking towards the office of the small principal.

"So, why do you want me to come with you to your office?" Diavolo asked Theresa.

"Just wait, you will find it out soon enough!" Theresa said in her cheerful voice.

"And I think you will like it !" 

"I don't know if I should be excited or annoyed..." Diavolos aid silently.

Eventually, the two reached the office and could see two people already waiting in front of the closed door. It was Otto the Schicksal Overseer, and his maid Rita Rossweisse. They greeted each other before entering the office. Theresa walked up to her desk but didn't took a seat in her oversized chair which confused Diavolo.

"So, why am I here?" The Stand User asked annoyed.

"Well, my arms are still hurting from the fight we had a few days ago before you disappeared and we found you again and so I'm not able to fully fulfill the job as principal of this school," Theresa said in a fake whiny voice.

"You forgot to say that you brought it over you by yourself," Diavolo interrupted her.

"Yes... I'm sorry...  But anyway, since I'm not able to work, I need a replacement, and this replacement shall be you!" Theresa said with a big smile.

"Why me?" The pink-haired man asked.

"Well, you were the boss of a mafia so you should have some experience when it comes to organizing things and so on," Theresa said to the man still smiling.

"Well, it's better than an alcoholic like Himeko..." Diavolo said to the short girl.

"I know, she would probably abuse this position to burn the school funds by installing roof pools on the dorm..." Theresa replied, remembering the one time when Himeko made a proposal for that.

"You have surprisingly low trust in your employees, Theresa," Diavolo commented.

"Anyway, I want you to be my replacement!" Theresa exclaimed.

Diavolo thought about that and at first, he didn't want to do this job until he realized something.

"The position of the principal... it's the highest possible... It is similar to that of a king! I WILL BE THE KING AGAIN!" Diavolo said, realizing what chance just popped up.

"Can't you do something about your superiority complex?" Theresa asked with a sweat drop on her head.

"But I am superior," Diavolo replied casually.

"But you accept?" The short girl asked.

"Sí."

"Thank you!" Theresa cheered.

"But why is the Overseer here? As far as I remember, he doesn't have any power over your decisions regarding St. Freya," Diavolo asked confused about the presence of the blond man.

"That's something I want to know too, so what's up gramps?"

"Well, let me explain it to you," Otto said stepping forward.

"As you already know, Theresa my dear little granddaughter and as her responsible grandfather, it is my duty to protect her and to care for her. But as long as I'm nursing my cute Theresa, I won't be able to properly lead Schicksal, that's why I want you to be not only St. Freya's replacement but also for Schicksal itself."

"WHAAAAAT!?" Theresa yelled in shock.

When Diavolo heard this, he stayed silent for a moment before getting a strong feeling of power, the same as he once had during Passione's best days. Perhaps drunken on the power, Diavolo immediately accepts.