Chapter 43: A Forgotten Era

It is the next week after Diavolo and Doppio fought with the Herrscher inside of Mei. As always, Diavolo had some trouble getting up on Monday ever since he came to this world. Was he slacking off? Maybe. But unlike in his old world, he's now surrounded by warrior girls that trust him. But anyway, as Diavolo was still sleeping peacefully, a girl with purple hair opened the door with minimal noises. Silently walking to Diavolo, Mei gently touched the sleeping Daivolo to wake him up.

"Good morning, please wake up Diavolo," Mei said kindly.

Slowly opening his eyes, Diavolo was greeted by the beautiful smiling face of our beloved Mei.

"Buongiorno, Mei."

"Good morning. Breakfast is ready in a few minutes. The others are also already waiting."

"Bene. I'll be there in a minute."

Giving a warm smile, Mei left the room. Diavolo then stood up and stretched before going into his rather small bathroom to make himself ready for the day. After getting dressed up to mimic the highly skilled school principal, he left his room to meet up with the rest of the now big dorm commune. Taking a seat next to Kiana, Diavolo patiently but still menacingly waited for breakfast. As Mei finished the breakfast with the help of Cecilia, everyone thanked them for the food. As they were enjoying breakfast, Dr. MEI had to ask something that would certainly annoy the Stand User.

"When do you let me do a 'medical check-up'?" The purple-haired scientist asked.

"A 'medical check-up?'" Theresa asked confused, as the rest also had a confused look on their face... except for Kiana.

"WHA! Are you going to! MEI's naked skin........" Kiana misinterpreted and began to drool while her Mei looked down in shame.

"Why do you have to go on my nerves... You are even more persistent than the Overseer about my Stand." 

"But you promised me!" MEI retorted.

"When I'm not busy! After all, I still have a mafia to manage!"

"And a school!" Theresa added.

"Now that you said it, aunt Teri... when will you return to your job as princi-" Before Kiana could finish her sentence Diavolo showed a bun in her mouth to shut her up.

"Kiana, you should eat, not talk, after all, you have a long day in school, don't you?" Diavolo said in a 'caring' voice.

"I must thank you, lord Diavolo, I didn't think you could be such a caring figure for my dear daughter," Cecilia said, not understanding Diavolo's true intentions...

'I must stay in my current position of power. As long as Theresa stays on her 'vacation', I'll stay the principal of this school full of soldiers. As for my other position as replacement for the Overseer of Schicksal, I still have to find a way, but ever since I reunited him with his one-sided crush, Otto seems to fully trust me so it wouldn't make a big difference...'

As the man was deep in his thoughts, the females on the table all looked at him before Theresa decided to bring him back to reality.

"Diavolo? Are you alright?" 

"Huh? Ah, sí, I'm alright I was just... thinking."

"Oh, ok! What were you thinking?" Theresa asked looking at him like a child would look at their parent.

"About... the incident with these [Insert Italian insult] of Anti-Entropy."

"Oh, yeah... we lost many good girls because of them..."

"We should go now, the girls have school and I have my business as well."

Diavolo stood up from his seat and fetched his jacket and shoes and left the dorm together with the students of St. Freya. After parting ways with them, the Stand User and Mafia Boss made his way to the office of the St. Freya principal. Taking his seat, Diavolo began to look through the news and if there is any work that he has to do. After a while, Diavolo began to think about Dr. MEI and her origin from the 'Previous Era'. The Era that was defeated by the chaotic force, that Diavolo was tasked to defeat to get and keep the second chance in his life. As he was thinking, the beeping noise of the PC brought him out of his trance. A call from the Valkyrie outpost near the city of Nagazora. Diavolo looked at the city's name and after short thinking, remembered that this is the city where Mei, as well as Kiana, went to school and the place where Mei became the third Herrscher. Diavolo answered the video call and the face of a blonde girl appeared on the screen.