Chapter 10: Hunt (Parte 1)

Before I start the chapter, the picture shows Alvitr one of the Valkyries of Durandal's Squad, the Immortal Blades. Just for information because she makes an appearance in this chapter. Now to the chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No way you can do this!" A white-haired girl exclaimed.

"Of course I can! My Stand is a close-range Stand so its biggest disadvantage is the limited range of 2 meters. Even though the Time Erasion makes him into a range-irrelevant Stand sometimes I need to find another way."

"But shooting small metal balls? How?" Kiana asked the man at the breakfast table. 

The Valkyries all were a bit confused. How will he shoot the metal balls? Well, the answer came shortly after the question. As he pulled a small metal ball out of his pocket and summoned King Crimson, the Stand took the metal object between its thumb and index finger. Diavolo then turned around and saw an empty beer can left by Himeko on the kitchen counter. King Crimson then shot the metal ball with enough speed to hit and pierce the can. 

"..." The Valkyries looked at the man with the thought of how someone could get the idea to do this.

"Sadly the range is not that great. Because of the round shape, the projectile will be slowed down by the air." Diavolo said crossing his arms before he took the last sip from the delicious tea that Mei made for breakfast.

"Well, I think it's now time that we should go. I don't know what Theresa will do to Kiana this time after yesterday's action," he said sending a shiver down Kiana's spine who then got quickly up.

"Y-yeah, we should go:" The white-haired girl replied with an unsure smile on her lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why are they here?" Otto asked himself inside of Theresa's office.

"I don't know but I think we should investigate this. If Diavolo's sighting about the AE-Mech was right then they plan something." Theresa replied.

"Bianka, take your Squad and investigate the place where they are." The blond man ordered his subordinates. 

"Understood! But overseer may I ask you something?" Bianka asked, confusing the man.

"What is it?" Otto asked.

"I want to ask if our guest could join us on our mission." Bianka the captain of the Immortal Squad, asked in the hope to get permission to take him with them.

"I have nothing against it, Theresa what do you think?" Otto asked his short granddaughter who was a bit taken back by the question.

"Uhm, I have also nothing against it, as long as he also wants to go with you," Theresa said, giving her permission to take Diavolo with them.

"Thank you, we will go now," Bianka said with a salute while Rita was bowing.

After the two Valkyries walked a good distance away from the office, Rita asked her captain what her plans are.

"Durandal-sama, why do you want him to go with us on the mission?" The maid asked.

"I want to see what he can do on missions and not only in a direct fight. Even though I'm not sure what I should think of his past, it is quite impressive that he ruled over the Italian underworld for more than 10 years without showing himself a single time." Bianka explained.