𝐩 𝐫 𝐨 𝐥 𝐨 𝐠 𝐮 𝐞

❝ 𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐭? ❞

THE GRASS BENEATH  her small fingertips was frozen and crunchy as she woke. Pain laced its way down her spine and settled in her bones. She opened her eyes and lifted her head, desperate for a glimpse of her surroundings. The field was empty, save for her. As she laid there, on the ground, the only thing she could think about was how blue the sky was. She didn't remember it being so vibrant. In fact, she couldn't remember anything. It didn't matter at the moment, because the sun was high in the sky and warmed the field. It was quiet, and peaceful. She was content.

Feeling the grass again, she realized there was a circle of frost covering the ground around her. The radius not too large, just her own space. She blinked, but paid it no attention. Looking down at herself, she realized she was covered in bruises, scrapes, and other injuries. For someone so young, it seemed surprising to her. She felt sore, but nothing was broken. There were a few cuts that were bleeding, but nothing she couldn't take care of. Her clothes were plain, the white cotton t-shirt and pants soaking in the sunlight, and the small amount of blood.

A new sound rang out in her ears and she turned. An orange spark sputtered to life in the air and spun into a circle. As it grew, it revealed a window to somewhere else. She eyed it with wonder as the doorway showed her a greyer sky, with large brick buildings meeting it as they towered over the world. It was something she had never seen before, and it was exciting.

"Miraculous, isn't it?" A voice asked softly. She turned again to see someone behind her, a second set of orange sparks disappearing. The woman was old. It was not shown on her face, but she could see it. Her mind was old. Wise. The woman had no hair, and wore strange grey robes she thought looked comfortable.

"Hm?" She asked.

"The world they built. So enthused by the things they create, they are blinded to what was right in front of them." The woman explained, drawing a strange symbol in the air. It glowed with the orange light, and she stared at it in awe.

"Where am I?" She asked quietly. The terrain was unrecognizable, although seemingly familiar. It made her nervous.

"It goes by many names, but the majority of its residents call it Earth." Said the woman. She nodded. "You don't have any recollection of your life, child?" The woman asked, frowning slightly. She nodded and shrugged. She supposed it would have been sad, but she couldn't remember. To mourn something she never had would be silly, wouldn't it?

◇         𝟒  𝐲 𝐞 𝐚 𝐫 𝐬  𝐥 𝐚 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫         ◇

"Order name?" The barista asked. Erythaea looked up from her phone. She had been watching a news article about self-acclaimed 'Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist' Tony Stark. It was reviewing his recent outburst at a press conference, claiming he was the Iron Man.

"Uhm, Thaea." She replied, pushing the sunglasses up on her nose. The barista nodded before walking off to make her tea. She stepped aside and looked back down at her phone, analyzing the varied reactions the reporters gave upon learning Stark's alter-ego. They were mostly just surprised, with a few excited and a few upset. It interested Thaea solely for the fact that he had opened the floodgates for anyone 'not normal' to reveal themselves fully to the public. While Thaea agreed that they should be able to walk free around the world without judgement, it was still too unusual for most to accept completely. Even if they said they did.