𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

❝ 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. ❞

WALKER BEGAN PACING with his impatience. He clearly did not go on any operations where he had to wait more than two minutes to do something.

"Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea." He muttered. Zemo and Thaea glanced at each other in understanding as they observed him. Thaea understood fairly quickly what was plaguing him. She figured he was a good enough guy, especially having earned all those medals in the army. But he made decisions quickly and without careful consideration, like he was still on a battlefield in Afghanistan. It's what made him so dangerous, especially with the new title on his shoulders.

He had always been a leader, because he was strong. Even though that's not all it takes. He is used to people doing what he says, and things going by what he says. He's used to being looked up to. That's why Bucky, Thaea, and Sam annoyed him so much. They didn't like him or take his bullshit. He treated life like a war, like it was black and white, good and bad, and not what it really was: everything in between. War wasn't black and white either, but Thaea had seen more than enough of Earth to know that was a concept they couldn't quite grasp.

Walker grew up in a fairly small town, captain of the football team and married his high-school sweetheart. His blond hair and blue eyes made him the typical popular jock. Everyone loved him. He couldn't understand what it was like for someone not to be accepted. That was one of many differences between him and Steve. Steve knew what it was like to be picked on, to be ridiculed, for everyone to say that you couldn't do something, then having to prove them wrong. That was what made him the most resilient, not winning 600 one-sided battles in a one-sided war. Walker disliked Karli because she didn't play by the rules. She redefined them.

"It hasn't been ten minutes, John. Just sit tight." Bucky reassured.

"Don't do that. Don't patronize me." John spat in reply. 

"He knows what he's doing." Bucky replied simply. John stared at the clock behind Thaea, and she gave him a cautious look which he ignored. He secured the shield straps on his arm, and Hoskins got up to follow.

"I'm goin' in." He announced. Bucky held out his arm and stopped them from going further. John looked up, staring Bucky in the face. "This is all really easy for you, isn't it?" Bucky narrowed his eyes. "All that serum running through your veins. Barnes, your partner needs backup in there. Do you really want his blood on your hands?" Thaea gritted her teeth, moving to step forward, but Zemo held her back by the wrist.

"Bucky..." She called. He looked up toward her, and shook his head.

"I trust him," Walker began, jerking his head toward the other room, where Sam was, "But I don't trust her." He turned around and Thaea huffed as she followed them into the other room. If she couldn't stop them, she would try to soften the blow. Walker stomped in, sparing no bravado.

"Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest." He announced loudly. Karli jumped up from where she was standing, whipping her head between Sam and Walker.

"So this is what that was?" She asked.

"No, Karli-" Sam started.