𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐈𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. ❞

THEY FIXED UP the Benatar, Rocket and Nebula in the front, everyone else strapped in the back. They flew out of the atmosphere, the blank emptiness of space staring them in the eyes, as if asking for a challenge. Rocket slowed the ship and turned around in his seat.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" He asked. Steve, Natasha, and Rhodey all raised their hands. Thaea put hers halfway up, earning a look. "What does that mean?" He asked.

"I have, I guess I just don't remember." She answered. He raised a furry eyebrow at her but nodded.

"Okay. You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket called to the collection of them.

"Approaching jump in three, two, one." Nebula announced. The ship made a charging noise and they hurtled forward, moving through space at light-speed, watching as the stars whizzed past them. They moved through the jump-point, and Natasha hunched over, cradling her stomach. The rest didn't look much better, their faces a little green. Thaea raised an eyebrow, glancing back at them. She felt fine. Carol narrowed her eyes at her.

"You're Kree." She stated in realization. Thaea blinked.

"I wouldn't know. Maybe." She replied, shrugging. Carol frowned but the ship drew closer to the green and blueish planet. Carol exited the ship, her power keeping her from freezing or imploding outside of the ship.

"I'll head down for recon." She stated. She flew down with a flash of light, and everyone waited in baited silence aboard the Benatar. Steve looked down at his hand, staring into a compass that was no longer working. The open part held a picture of Peggy Carter, taken from a newspaper clipping in 1945. Thaea smiled sadly at the picture. Steve had a somber and unsure look on his face.

"This is gonna work, Steve." Natasha assured.

"I know it will." He replied quietly. "Because I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't." Carol flew back up, relaying the information she gathered.

"No ships, no armies, no satellites, no ground defence of any kind." Carol stated. Thaea raised an eyebrow. "It's just him."

"And that's enough." Nebula replied. They moved down to the planet, and Thaea tried not to gasp in awe. It truly was beautiful. It reminded her of Wakanda, except for the abundance of waterfalls and alien plants. As well as the giant moon visible in the sky, despite the time of day. If you could even call it that. She didn't know how the solar cycle worked on this planet, so far from their Sun. They watched as Thanos picked fruit from a large field before going back to a small hut and building a fire.

He merely glanced up as Carol blasted him with power, tackling him to the ground despite the difference in size. She wrapped her arms around his neck, choking him and using her foot to keep his hand from closing around the gauntlet. Banner, in the Hulk-buster suit, crashed through the thin wooden walls, War Machine coming in from the other side. They each grabbed a limb, rendering him helpless as Thor came flying in through the front door. He swung the axe, and in one fell chop, the gauntlet was on the ground, Thanos screaming in pain at the missing arm. Thaea, Natasha and Steve walked through the front door, ready to face the man who murdered so many. Rocket rolled the gauntlet over to get a good look at the stones. The look on the raccoon's face said everything. Thaea's stomach dropped as she looked down at the severed hand. The stones were gone.