𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝. ❞

SAM GOT OFF the ground as the Dora left, and Thaea picked Bucky's arm off the floor, walking over and reattaching it for him.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

"Did you know they could do that?" Sam asked.

"No." Bucky replied as it whirred and clicked into place. He flexed it and spun it in a circle, locking it in.

"Yes." Thaea stated. Bucky frowned and turned to her in disbelief, slight betrayal flashing on his face. "I helped Shuri design it. You can't wear a metal arm all the time, you'll get blisters, and the weight shifting isn't good for your balance. Besides, don't you remember what this looked like before?" She said, tapping the space between his shoulder and his chest. "Plus I figured you didn't want the star on the side. That," She gestured to the door, where Ayo stood a few moments before. "Was not what it was for." Lemar got up off the ground and went over to Walker, who was sitting on the floor, staring at the shield on the ground.

"You alright, man?" He asked. John was utterly defeated, and it didn't surprise any of them that he was a sore loser.

"They weren't even super soldiers." He muttered. Thaea pitied him. Lemar helped him off the ground, and Sam glared as he walked past him. The three of them all looked into the bathroom, seeing the misplaced grate on the floor.

"I can't believe he pulled an El Chapo." Sam said quietly.

"I can." Bucky stated. He grabbed his jacket from the kitchen, then Thaea's from the arm of the couch. "Come on." He called, passing her the jacket and leading them out the door. They began walking down the street, keeping an eye out for Zemo. Sam picked up his phone as it began to ring.

"She said what? No, hold on. I know, I know, I know. Listen. Pack an overnight bag, and take the boys." Sam said. Thaea's ears perked up.

"What happened?" Bucky asked.

"Karli called Sarah. She threatened my nephews." Sam explained, putting the phone back to his ear. Bucky and Thaea exchanged a look. "Okay. Go somewhere safe, only pay cash. Alright? Let me know when you get there. I know. Look, I love you. I'd never let anything happen to you and the boys. You know that, right? Okay. Bye." He put the phone in his pocket, and they stopped. "Karli wants to meet. She left a contact number." A notification went off and he pulled out his phone. He had a text from an unknown number. Karli wanted to meet, now. "She said come alone."

"We're coming with you." Bucky said. Thaea nodded. There was no way he'd go alone. They suited up, and met Karli at the Northwest Plaza.

"Karli!" Sam yelled. Her redheaded frame popped up over the balcony on the second floor. They walked over to the stairs. Bucky and Thaea stood off to the side as Sam met her in the hallway. "You called my sister? That's how we're gonna play this?"

"Sam, I would never hurt her. I just wanted to understand you better. I see you, um, didn't come alone." She pointed out.

"You have to end this, now." Sam stated.

"I don't want to hurt you." Karli said. "You're just a tool in the regimes I'm looking to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless." Bucky glanced at Sam, who looked back at them quickly. "I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favour and let me go." Sam pressed a few buttons on the screen at his arm, before turning back to Thaea and Bucky.