𝐞 𝐱 𝐭 𝐫 𝐚 (𝟒)

𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑢𝑝, 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑒𝑎'𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ.   𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝐼𝑌𝐻! 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦. <3

❝ 𝐄𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫.  ❞

Thaea looked up from her book at the abrupt sound of a knock. She turned to the front door, hobbling over and opening it cautiously. Not many people knew where they lived, and Bucky was out for the afternoon to visit Sam, so this was unusual. Carol standing in the doorway was even more unusual. She was dressed in Earthly clothing, rocking a grunge look that Thaea thought suited her.

"Carol?" Thaea asked, the surprise evident on her face, her other hand resting over her pregnant belly.

"Hey, Erythaea." She replied, smiling. It did not reach her eyes, however, and Thaea could tell something was wrong.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but what are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Thaea asked, peering out into the hallway.

"No, no." Carol assured, waving it away. "Well, yes? I'm not sure how to word this... Uh, do you remember at all where you came from?" She asked. Thaea blinked, not expecting that question. It was so sudden. She could remember everything back to her arrival on Earth with the Sorcerer Supreme, but other than that... no. Carol grimaced when she told her as much. "Would you... like to know?" She asked.

Thaea blinked in surprise again. She vaguely recalled Carol's expression of surprise when she introduced herself, but she had no inkling toward the idea that Carol had recognized her. Had maybe even known her before. How many years had it been?

"Yes." She replied instantly. While Thaea was content with who she was now, and the life she had built, she still would like to know who she used to be. Granted, it was a long time ago when she wasn't even fully grown yet, but don't people say your childhood shapes who you are?

"Can I come in?" Carol asked. Thaea nodded, stepping aside and waving her in. She closed the door before going to the kitchen to make some tea.

Thaea sat down on the couch, handing Carol the steaming mug. Carol took a deep breath before telling her everything.

-

Erythaea was born on a planet named Hala, the Kree capital of the galaxy. While the majority of the population lived in peace and happiness, Thaea was born into poverty. Her father had spoken to her mother all of one time, before paying her for her... services. It wasn't personal, just sex. Thaea's mother needed the money. 

When she found out she was pregnant, she lost everything. Her source of income, her life. She didn't have much of a home. Seconds after being born, Erythaea, named after some forgotten oracle from a distant planet and a dying culture, was left on the streets in the deepest slum of the planet.