𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❝ 𝐌𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧!❞

THEY ARRIVED AT the military base, and quickly found some 70's clothes to change into. Steve wore a custodian's uniform, Tony wore a suit emblazoned with the S.H.I.E.L.D crest, and Thaea frowned at the frilly skirt-suit she was forced to wear. They walked out into the base, looking around. The sign read 'The Birthplace of Captain America'. Thaea realized she had been here before. With Steve, and Natasha. That gave her a little bit of comfort.

"Clearly, you weren't actually born here, though, right?" Tony asked.

"The idea of me was." Steve answered. He pulled his hat down over his face every time someone else walked past.

"Right. Well, imagine you're S.H.I.E.L.D, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization. Where do you hide it?" Tony asked, looking around.

"In plain sight." Steve answered, nodding over to the bunker. Thaea frowned at the memory of almost being blow up by a robot scientist. That was not her idea of fun. A pair of men looked around cautiously before going inside, shutting the large door behind them.

The three made their way inside, stuck in an elevator with another agent. She eyed them suspiciously underneath the bangs of her beehive. They descended, and Tony stepped forward as the elevator dinged. The doors opened, and he nodded to them.

"Good luck on your mission, Captain." Tony said, stepping out of the elevator.

"Good luck on your project, Doctor." Steve replied awkwardly. Thaea raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm so sorry for asking, but are you blind? I've just never seen someone wear sunglasses inside before." The woman asked, looking to Thaea curiously. Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth searching for things to say.

"Oh, yes. Got in an accident while I was a little girl. This nice Captain was just escorting me inside so I could find my cane." She explained, hooking her hand on Steve's arm and smiling. He cleared his throat and held out his arm more. The elevator dinged and Steve sighed in relief.

"Sub-level 8, miss." Steve said to Thaea as the doors slid open. Thaea patted his arm.

"This is our stop! Bye now!" She called to the woman as they stepped outside, waving to the opposite corner for extra effect. She blew out a breath as the doors shut and they walked down the hallway. Thaea stopped at a door. It read 'Dr. Henry Pym'. "This is it. He's inside still." She said, observing the moving form through the frosted glass. They walked back down the hallway, and Steve opened the door to an empty office, the two walking inside. He picked up the phone.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line called.

"Doctor Pym?" Steve asked.

"That would be the number that you called, yes." Pym stated, sounding annoyed.

"This is Captain Stevens from... shipping. We have a package for you." Steve said. Thaea smirked at his ability to lie on the spot.

"Oh, bring it up." Pym said.

"Well, that's the thing, sir, we can't." Steve continued, to Thaea's amusement.

"I'm confused. I thought that was your job." Pym said, sounding frustrated.

"Well it's just... Sir, the box is glowing, and to be honest, some of our mail guys aren't feeling that great." Steve explained.

"My god, that man's turning green!" Thaea called out in a different voice, feigning shock. Steve grinned.