𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲

(So sorry for the unplanned hiatus to anyone who was waiting for an update. I've been struggling with some personal things lately and I had some things to take care of. Now, it's over, and we can go back to what's really important. Bucky! This will be the final update of the series, and it will finish it off with the remaining chapters + epilogue!)

❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭? ❞

SAM HAD CALLED Thaea and Bucky quickly after he got his lead from Torres. The GRC meeting was all over the news, and the vote was a big deal to a lot of people. It didn't surprise Thaea in the slightest that Karli and the Flag Smashers decided to use that as a primary target. The news was covering the lockdown, and all members of the council were trapped inside after an unexpected-- well, unexpected on their part-- attack. There were guards and SWAT teams outside, but with the amount of support the Flag Smashers had obtained from others around the world, the small team had no idea who was trustworthy and who wasn't. Except for one another.

Bucky and Thaea were suited up and waiting outside the building for Sam.

"I'm almost there!" He called through the radio.

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked.

"Karli's gotta be close." Sam explained. "Keep your eyes open."

"Yeah, well it could be anybody." Bucky said, scowling. Thaea put on a pair of sunglasses, even though it was the middle of the night, and the white mist pooled from her palms onto the ground. It was virtually unnoticeable, and her eyes shone behind the glasses. The SWAT teams moved out of the way as they walked through.

"Sergeant Barnes." One of them addressed.

"By the way, I called in some backup." Sam stated, before someone poked Thaea in the shoulder. She whipped around, ready to stab a knife into their liver, but they ripped off a film from their face, revealing Sharon underneath.

"It's me." She said quietly.

"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asked.

"Relax, no one's looking for me here." She said, pulling them off to the side.

"Do I hear Sharon?" Sam asked.

"Yes." Thaea answered.

"Unfortunately." Bucky grumbled.

"Hey, Sam, I thought I'd get the band back together." Sharon said.

"Thank you." Sam replied. "You're risking a lot, coming here."

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be, anyway." She replied.

"Depends on the therapist." Bucky stated, before smiling down at Thaea. "Good company helps." She elbowed him in the side.

"Damn right." She mumbled, but smiled.

"They're gonna move on the building soon. Be ready." Sam called. They spread out, looking for any sign of threats. "Sharon, Thaea, Bucky? What's going on on your end?"