𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

❝ 𝐈𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞. ❞

THEY ARRIVED AT the airport quickly due to Zemo's driving, the plane taking off as soon as the door closed behind them. Sam got on the phone and Zemo's butler came out with a collection of towels and a first aid kit. Bucky wiped the blood off of his hands before he made Thaea sit down on the couch. She shrugged her jacket off carefully, but struggled with the blood-covered mesh shirt Sharon had given her. Bucky sat down and frowned before glancing up at her face.

"Do you mind?" He asked quietly. She huffed in frustration before shaking her head. He made a slightly uncomfortable face before shuffling forward, carefully sticking his fingers through the bullet hole in the shirt before pulling. The mesh ripped, the 'shirt' tearing completely. Bucky gently pulled it off, the piece of mesh now just hanging fabric, and Sam raised an eyebrow at the two of them before going back to his phone call. Zemo smirked from the small bar where he made himself a drink. "Sorry." Bucky mumbled. Thaea shook her head, giving him a small smile. 

"Wasn't mine anyway." She replied. She could have sworn there was a faint twinge of pink on his cheeks. Bucky fished through the first aid kit Zemo's butler had brought, pulling out a long pair of tweezers.

"This is going to hurt." He stated. Thaea nodded. He frowned and took her bicep gently in his metal hand, using the other to stick the tweezers into her shoulder. She sucked in a breath as the stinging pain got worse. The tweezers nudged something inside and she winced. "Got it." Bucky mumbled, his focus nearly unbreakable. He pulled the bullet out, and Thaea blew out a breath. Her blood began to pour out of the wound again, and Bucky pressed a piece of gauze to her shoulder. Thaea stayed quiet as he took out a few bandages and wrapped her shoulder up.

"Thank you." She said quietly, giving him a small smile. He nodded, still frowning at her shoulder. "I'll be fine." She assured. He nodded again, looking up to her face and giving a small smile before getting up. Thaea pulled on her jacket carefully, and the two went to sit in the chairs where Zemo was sitting. 

"Okay, call me if you get a hit." Sam said into the phone before sitting across from Thaea. "Thanks Torres." He raised his eyebrow in silent question and she nodded. She'd be fine. He sat back in his chair and blew out a frustrated breath.

"You okay?" Bucky asked him.

"Yeah. Just thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through." Sam said, frowning. Thaea frowned as well. She felt guilty about Sharon, even if she hadn't done anything to her. "And Nagel referring to the 'American test subject' like Isaiah wasn't even a real person. Just makes me wonder how many people have to get steamrolled to make way for this hunk of metal."

"Well, it depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives." Bucky replied.

"Yeah, I get that, alright? Maybe I made a mistake." Sam admitted.

"You did." Bucky agreed. Thaea frowned. To be honest, she thought the shield should have gone in the museum, just not directly back out the front door and into Walker's grimy hands. However, she also knew Steve gave the shield to Sam for a reason, and that it should be wielded by someone who deserved it. 

"Maybe I shouldn't have put it in a museum. Maybe I should have destroyed it." Sam stated. Bucky turned his head and looked up at him.