𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

❝ -𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞. ❞

WITH AGENT HILL'S knowledge of the facility, they made it inside S.H.I.E.L.D in the blink of an eye. It didn't take long to trick one of the control tower operators into opening the door for us. His eyes were wider than Thaea thought was humanly possible as he gestured them right through. We made it over to the PA, where Steve made an insightful announcement.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down, but I think it's time you knew the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, and it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high. It always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay, and if I'm the only one, then so be it, but I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Nice job, Washington." Thaea said, smirking as she patted him on the shoulder. Sam grinned.

"Did you write that down first, or was that off the top of your head?" He asked.

-

Alarms blared as the bay doors opened and the helicarriers were activated.

"They're initiating launch." Hill said over comms. Sam, Steve, and Thaea were sprinting over the tarmac toward the launching helicarriers.

"Hey, Cap. How do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Cap said bluntly. Thaea snickered. Sam activated his wings and grabbed Thaea under the arms. He dropped her off on the deck of one carrier before flying off to another. Steve just jumped down. They both sprinted across the flight deck, Steve blocking their gunfire with his shield. Cap took down one agent before throwing a grenade over to the others. The ones that were left were taken care of quick, swallowed in their own minds by their greatest fears. Explosions sounded from the other carrier.

"Hey, Cap. Found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam called.

"You okay?" Steve asked.

"I'm not dead yet." He replied. Thaea snorted. The two ran across the ship toward the hatch, taking out anyone who decided to shoot.

"Eight minutes." Hill informed. They made it inside the hatch. It didn't take long for them to get down into the carrier, to the mainframe. Steve quickly switched the blades and put everything the way it was.

"Alpha lock." He called to Hill. A few seconds later, Sam called in.

"Bravo lock."

"Two down, one to go." Hill restated. "Charlie carrier is 45 degrees off the port bow. Six minutes."

"Hey Sam? We're gonna need a ride." Steve called. A team of HYDRA agents loaded a rocket launcher behind them as they ran.