𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❝ 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧? ❞

❝ 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞. ❞

❝ 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐃𝐨𝐜. ❞

THE PLANE SWERVED in a new direction after Bucky told Torres their new destination. It was fairly early morning in the US, so the sun shone brightly through the windows as the plane descended. Torres landed gracefully in the Baltimore airport. Bucky led Sam and Thaea down the streets and into an old neighbourhood. It was covered in graffiti and a few of the stop signs had basketball hoops drilled to them. They crossed a street and two small boys were playing on the sidewalk.

"Hey, it's Black Falcon!" The little boy cried, pointing to Sam and looking eagerly to his friend. Thaea smiled.

"It's just Falcon, kid." Sam said, continuing down the street.

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon." The boy insisted. Sam stopped in front of him.

"Is it because I'm black and I'm the Falcon?" He asked.

"Well, technically, I mean, yes." The boy stated.

"So are you, like, Black Kid?" Sam asked. The young boy made a face and his friend laughed. Sam chuckled, looking to the friend. "I got him, right?" The boy nodded, snickering.

"Whatever, man." The kid said as Sam continued down the sidewalk. Bucky was walking up the steps to an old, boarded up house, but Thaea stopped before the brick stairs, glancing at the 'no trespassing' signs. Sam raised an eyebrow at her as he followed Bucky.

"I'm gonna stay out here." She said quietly. Sam glanced around the empty neighbourhood, nodding. Bucky pounded on the door, and a teenage boy opened it up from the inside.

"We're here to see Isaiah." Bucky said quietly. The boy frowned.

"Nobody named Isaiah lives here." He replied.

"Look, we just want to talk to him." Bucky pleaded.

"You must have not heard what I just said." The boy repeated. "You ain't getting in this house. Y'all can leave now." He jerked his head to the street, eyeing Thaea.

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means." Bucky insisted. The boy frowned again, but huffed.

"Alright, wait here." He said, closing the door. Thaea felt out of place, and she stepped further away from the house, leaning against the other end of the chain-link fence the kids were playing by before. The teenage boy opened the door again, ushering Bucky and Sam inside. He shut the door behind them. Thaea bit her lip. She felt bad about the way she was acting toward Bucky. She was one of his only 'friends', and she wasn't being very friendly. It was justified that she was angry about him leaving, but in truth, she just wanted to know why. Why he had left, why he stopped answering her calls. She hadn't done anything wrong. She pinched the bridge of her nose between her fingers, feeling a headache blooming. The door to the house opened again, Bucky and Sam leaving briskly. Sam was first, stalking away from Bucky in anger. Thaea looked up, following after the two.