𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐖𝐡𝐲? ❞

THAEA HEARD ABOUT Peggy's funeral through the grapevine, which kind of disappointed her. She thought she and Steve were closer than that, but she understood. She sat in her bedroom, carefully watching the broadcast of the UN conference.

"That's in German, you know." Someone stated behind her. She turned around and half-smiled at Vision. She wasn't 100% sure about the decision she had made, but she couldn't go back now. It was too late for her to sign the Accords, even if she had completely made up her mind. She picked up the remote and switched to the English channel. 

"I'm a little disoriented, I guess. A lot of thinking happening lately." She mumbled. Vision nodded and sat down next to her to watch the broadcast.

"When stolen Wakanda vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I'm grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend it's hand in peace-" King T'Chaka spoke.

"Everybody get down-" The Wakandan prince yelled before the broadcast cut out. Thaea and Vision looked at each other before Thaea left to gear up. She was already on the phone with Steve, and she was on a quinjet in 15 minutes. 

-

Wearing a leather jacket and combat boots, Thaea knocked on the door for the hotel room Steve texted her from. A familiar-looking woman opened it, on the phone, and waved her inside. She walked in, moving to stand behind Steve as they watched the breaking news broadcast.

"At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of the suspect, who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, The Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism, and political assassinations." The reporter stated. The woman came up and stood on the other side of Steve.

"I have to go to work." She said solemnly. Thaea turned and raised her eyebrow. They shook hands, and the woman introduced herself as Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece. Thaea remembered seeing her at S.H.I.E.L.D a couple years ago when she was walking with Steve. She left quietly, leaving Steve staring at the floor, and Sam staring out the window.

"We need to go." Thaea said quietly. Steve looked up at her, and she frowned. "I know you're hurting, Steve, but-"

"You're right. Let's move. We have to leave before the authorities come to find me." He replied. Sam turned and gave them both a wary look, but nodded. They had a job to do.

-

They got in a car and made their way to the scene of the crime. CIA, Austrian SWAT teams, police, Fire and Rescue, everyone was gathered outside. Injured victims and authorities were everywhere. Steve picked up the phone and called Natasha, to make sure she was safe. Sam and Thaea waited on the other side of the street, hidden in a cafe.