𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

❝ 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?  ❞

❝ 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩. ❞

THAEA FELT AWKWARD just showing up at a random guy's house, but Steve said they could trust him, and she trusted Steve. She, Natasha, and Steve all stood outside the glass doors as they slid open. They were covered in soot, dust, rubble, and a little bit of blood.

"Hey, man." The man said, a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve explained.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha added. The man's frown deepened. He glanced over at Thaea, who threw a peace sign at him from her good arm. His eyes widened at the sight of her eyes but he didn't say anything.

"Not everyone." The man answered, stepping aside to let them inside. Thaea nodded her thanks. They each got a turn to use the bathroom to try and clean themselves up. Thaea did her best to wash the debris out of her hair, but after four washes it kept coming. She eventually gave up and threw it into a bun. She stepped aside so Steve could use the sink, and she nodded to Natasha as she went to talk to the man. He was leaning against the counter, his arms folded, deep in thought. She cleared her throat.

"Oh, uh. Hey." He said. She walked over and stuck out her hand.

"Thaea." She said, giving a small smile.

"Sam." He replied, shaking her hand. "Do you mind if I ask what's with the..." He trailed off, before gesturing to his own eyes. She smirked.

"I was born like this. I have no memory past 2004. I can read, control, listen to, and manipulate people's minds." She answered. His eyes widened.

"That's a tall order." He stated, his brows furrowing.

"Don't worry, I don't do it unless I need to." Thaea said, earning a relaxed sigh from Sam. She chuckled. "I do sometimes overhear things though, so if you don't want me to know, shove it down deep." She wiggled her eyebrows at him, and he raised one at her.

"You like breakfast?" He asked after a moment of silence. She smiled.

-

After spending a few minutes preparing food with Sam, he went to tell Steve and Natasha. Thaea snickered as he said something about not eating real food. The four of them all sat down at Sam's table to eat.

"So the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked, leaning back in her chair.

"Pierce." Steve answered with a frown.

"Who happens to be sitting on the top of the most secure building in the world." Thaea grumbled.

"He's not working alone." Steve deducted. "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."