32.

Jimin was awfully quiet the next day and so was jungkook. There was this awkward and uncomfortable silence between them.

Both of them were dying to talk with each other but were hesitating to do so.

Jungkook had some unfinished business in his office so he went early at the morning without having the breakfast prepared by jimin. And he also had to go to the hospital to convince jin to stay with him unless taehying gets better.

The ultimatum of 48 hours that he gave to his mom was coming to an end soon and the thought of jin knowing about his mom's deeds was eating him alive.

He knew somewhere he was delaying confessing to jin but he wanted jin to know as late as possible.

'Would jin stay here with me if he knows what happened?'

This question had been roaming in his mind all along.

Things were not good from before and jin coming and staying with them under the same roof was disturbing jimin like anything.

He had no problem with jin rather he respected jin for being kind and caring even to a stranger like him. He had problems with the romantic feelings of jungkook towards jin which knew no bound or no end.

He was getting restless. His body was still, resting against the rocking chair but his heart, his mind was not still at all.

The possibilities of jin and jungkook being together was making him anxious. Taehyung was in the hospital and now that jin would be beside jungkook which he didn't know until when, he was not ready to welcome jin at all.

And for that, he felt selfish. He knew he was thinking total nuisance but who has seen the future?

On asking for lunch, jungkook had given no reply to jimin so jimin only made himself food during afternoon.

He wanted to go to see yoongi at the hospital but he had no cash or card for cab.

His only work was to remain inside the huge house doing nothing but housechores and resting whenever he got the chance.

'It's so boring.' He let out a loud yawn while slumping on the couch in his room and soon drifted to sleep producing small snores then and now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
'Got what you wanted? Why can't you let go of the past, lily? Why is your head so stuck in the past that you can't seem to let go what happened? Are you satisfied after getting another bruise in your forehead?' Yoongi rebuked her sister while changing the bandaid on her wound.

Namjoon told him his sister deeds just after he came across with him in the hall outside the general ward. Well he even termed lily as an unstable person but as his own sister was at fault he just listened to him and that's all he could do.

'Shut up, yoongs. You forget the past first and I would do it happily. I wasn't wrong. Don't come at your sister like this just for that snitch of a doctor. He was the one who slapped me and gave me this bruise so yeah, if you care about me...go and punch him in his guts.' Yoongi sighed out not having anything to say.

'Punch him for what, lily. You need to get your shit together. If you behave like this, I wouldn't be able to move on. You have disappointed me so I am coming to the hospital only when you will get discharged. That's it.' Yoongi hastily stood up and went away leaving lily cursing at that doctor.

Jungkook had reached hospital by afternoon. It was about time for jin to get discharged.

It was almost impossible for him to convince jin to stay with him. Jin who believed jungkook and jimin's relationship was not what they seemed to show to others, his conscience didn't allow him to go to their house and live with them making it awkward for jimin.

'I can't let you be on your own, hyung. You need someone to be by your side.' Jungkook said to which jin pretended to not to listen.

But when jungkook told him to either stay with him or hoseok until taehyung gets better, without a delay of second...jin said, 'I am coming with you.'

After discarding his hospital gown and putting on the newly bought clothes jungkook had brought him, jungkook took to him to his car and drove towards his house.

'Just ignore me while I stay here, jungkook. No need to give me special care, it would only arise misunderstandings between you and jimin.' Jin said when they stepped inside the house.

'Don't make yourself feel like a burden hyung and you are wrong if you think I am gonna ignore you upon your request.' Jungkook said while supporting jin by his shoulder who was staggering slightly while walking.

Jimin who had already woken up from his little nap and was currently upstairs moping the corridor, watched them from up there with an empty expression on his face.

Jungkook and jimin's eyes met all of a sudden and jimin swiftly looked the other direction continuing his work.

'Which one is my room, jungkook? Just show me so that I could rest. And give me one in downstairs since your and jimin's room is in upstairs. I don't want to disturb you both at all.' Jin lowly said.

What could jungkook even say, when he and jimin didn't live together in a same room at all. He just showed him another room which was beside jimin's.

'Let me take you there.' Jin nodded and jungkook helped him to walk until they reach inside the room.

Jimin who was twisting the knob of his room, he came face to face with jungkook who just took an exit from the room beside his while closing the door in a very careful manner.

'Bring all of your things to my room. Let's stay together until jin is here.' Jungkook whispered so that jin couldn't listen to him from inside.

'What's the use of putting on an act?' Jimin asked. Jungkook frowned only for a second and pulled jimin inside the room, closing the door behind slowly.

'Jimin, try and understand the fragility of the current situation. It took me a lot to bring jin hyung here. He is feeling a lot awkward for having to stay here with us. And if he gets to know we don't have any relationship like how a married couple does, it won't take a second for him to exit from here thinking his presence would affect ours non existent relationship. So please do what I say for now. I will be waiting.' Patting jimin's head, jungkook walked out from there after once again making jimin come across with the harsh reality.

'Non-existent, relationship...I see!' He quietly packed his stuffs and went to jungkook's room.

'Thank you jimin. Thank you so much. I assure you your privacy though. You can take the bed and I can sleep on the floor above a mattress.' Jungkook said. Things were going like how he wanted to and he was more than relieved.

'No, it's okay. It's your room. Take the bed. It isn't a big deal for me to sleep on the floor anyways.' Jimin said, while placing his bag on the couch.

Jimin who had slept on the floor without a mattress or a pillow for so many years during his orphanage stay, sleeping on the floor wasn't new to him at all.

'Please, make sure jin hyung won't have any trouble being here. Feed him well. He needs our support right now.' Jimin hummed at jungkook's words. Seeing jungkook caring about jin to such extent, he had gone blank.

'There's nothing going on between jin hyung and me. Get this thing into your thickheaded skull.'

'Whatever there is between jin hyung and me, it's all one sided. I do love him but I have this much conscience to stay loyal to our marriage.'

Jimin forced himself to recall jungkook's words, convincing him that even though jungkook was head over heels for jin, he would stick to his words till the end.