➿15➿

Chapter Fifteen Adam Young Later That Night

Chapter Fifteen
Adam Young
Later That Night

I was in a daze, just staring at what once was my foyer. Everything just burnt up. All of my family pictures, some shit I'll never be able to replace because they were taken so long ago.

"Mr. Young........Mr. Young."

A hand laid on my shoulder making me turn around.

"Mr Young, the paramedics would like to check you for any smoke inhalation." The chief fire fighter said.

I nodded. "Okay.....have you figured out what started the fire?"

"We're still looking into it. Once the paramedics are finished we should know. Do you have any cameras by chance?"

"I do."

"Perfect, I'll need all the footage."

Climbing in the back of the ambulance, I let the tech hook me up to all the different machines. Once he was finished, I pulled my phone out my pocket to FaceTime Tina. She and AJ are in New York visiting her mom. I'm so grateful that they weren't here.

"Hey ba— OH MY GOD, WHY ARE YOU IN THE BACK OF AN EMS?!" She yelled.

I held my phone up and flipped the camera so that she could see what was going on.

"Adam, what the hell happened?!"

"I don't know baby. I woke up to a bunch of smoke. I walked out the room and it was black, I couldn't see anything, next thing I know the front door was being knocked down. The smoke detectors signaled for fire trucks. The whole foyer is destroyed."

"I'm on my way back."

"No, just stay with your mom."

"Hell no! I'll leave AJ here but I'll be home soon."

Before I could protest, the phone hung up and I didn't have the energy to even call her back and fight. I scrolled through my call log until I got to Kyra's name. I'm not sure what time it is in Maldives, but I gotta hear my baby girls voice.

I hit her name and placed the phone to my ear. She didn't need to see all of this. The last thing I needed was for her to panic.

The phone rung and rung and just when I was about to hang up, her voice echoed through. "Hey dad."

"Hey baby girl, how's your trip?"