➿52➿

Chapter Fifty
Omniscient
Marietta, Georgia

The sound of someone banging on the front door caused Eric to quickly sit up. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he looked over at Kyra, then grabbed his phone to check the time. Seeing that he'd only been asleep for an hour and the constant banging wasn't going to stop, he grew annoyed. Climbing out of bed, he slipped on his jogging pants and a shirt then made his way to the front of Kyras apartment and looked through the peephole.

Seeing Adam, his eyebrows furrowed as he opened the door. "Adam, you know what time it is?"

"I talked to Yvonne and I think I can get Kyler back." He said while stepping inside.

"How?"

"By making her think that I'm not with Tina. I put Tina and AJ into a hotel for a while. She's supposed to call me back and she's going to come by the house. All I have to do is convince her that I'm done with my marriage and she'll give us Kyler back."

Exhaling, Eric went and sat on the couch. "Do you really thinking lying to this woman is the key to fixing all of this?"

"I think it'll work."

"How can you trust her? She's not mentally stable and if she finds out you're lying, there's no telling what she'll do to Ky."

"She isn't going to harm her."

"But how do we know that?"

"I just do."

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Kyra asked while coming from her room, barely woke.

"I talked to your mom a few hours ago."

"What did she say? Where is she?"

"I don't know where she is, but all she wanted to hear was that I'm not with Tina anymore."

"But you are."

"Yeah, but she doesn't know that. Tina and AJ are at the St.Regis downtown. I'm trying to convince your mom to come to my place and see that she's gone. She sounded like she was up to it. So I'm guessing that she's still in Georgia."

"What number did she call from? We can trace it."

"It's prepaid, I already tried...and I actually called her."

Eric quickly looked up at Adam. "So you could've called her all this time? It's been two weeks."

"Trust me I tried. Tonight she decided to answer. I just need you guys to trust me, this will work."

Kyra looked over at Eric, then back at her dad. "I'm desperate, I'll try anything at this point." She said.

"Perfect."

"So what now?"

"We wait for her to call me back. I feel like if I pressure her, she'll know it's not genuine."

"The waiting game?" Eric asked while sitting back. "I need my daughter."

"And I promise you're going to get her. If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to get Kyler back to you."