➿56➿

Chapter FiftyFive Eric Powell Kyra's Apartment

Chapter FiftyFive
Eric Powell
Kyra's Apartment

The elevator stopped on Kyra's floor and I climbed off, searching for her key on my key ring. This is probably the last place that I should be, but it's the only place that I wanted to be. Unlocking the door, I stepped inside and kicked my shoes off then made my way to the back. Going into Kyler's room, I smiled seeing her fast asleep. My baby was so precious. I gave her a few kisses before going to turn on her night light, then I headed to Kyra's room.

I thought she'd be sleep too but instead she was on the phone and from her demeanor it was a nigga. When saw me, she straightened up and told whoever she'd call them back in the morning.

A smile peeled across my face as I took off my shirt, then my pants and climbed next to her. "You didn't have to end your call."

"Yeah, I did. I don't need you in my business."

"Mmhm." I pulled her on top of me.

"Where did you go? I thought you'd meet me here?"

"Had to go tie up some loose ends."

Kyra's head tilted and eyes squinted. "Tie up loose ends? What does that mean?"

"Just what I said. I had to get rid of things and people who don't serve much purpose in my life."

"Oh so you broke up with your girl?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"And what made you do that?"

Exhaling I sat up more while holding tightly onto her waist. "I was talking to Aaron and Jeff today about us and Jeff said that I make things more complicated than what they have to be."

"Facts."

"I've been harboring over things that happened years ago and it's what's keeping me and you from moving to the next level. I love you Kyra, I'll always love you. I've just been scared that something else bad is going to happen between us. We went through a lot during our short time together."

"Agreed."

"We've never sat down and tried to fix anything though."

"I feel like I tried but you always pushed me away."

"And if I did it was because I was afraid. I'm tired of this sneaky shit with you. I want my lady back, I want my family. Me, you and Kyler."