➿1➿

Chapter OneKyraMarietta, Georgia ••

Chapter One
Kyra
Marietta, Georgia
••

My eyes glanced around the full dinner table at my parents home. A bunch of executives and CEO's sat around discussing things that I had no interest in. I had to deal with this every other Saturday. My dad invited over his bougie friends and they all bragged about who's yacht was bigger or the vintage Rolex watches that they just bought. I hated it. All of them were full of themselves and annoying and to top it off, PERVERTS. So many of them stare at me as if they're undressing me in their minds. It's the worst.

Playing with pearls around my neck, I looked at the food that was very unappealing. Everything is so bland! Maybe because almost everybody at this table was from the mountains of caucus. WHITE AS HELL, if you didn't get where I was going with that.

"Adam your daughter gets lovelier every time I see her." Some strange guy hands rested on my shoulders causing me to tense up.

"Thank you Jim." My dad smiled ignoring the fact that this man is touching me. Jim started massaging my shoulders and I was ready to snap.

"Kyra sweetie, you can head on home, it's getting late." My step mom Tina said. She's such a lifesaver. I saw her gave me dad a dirty look but he probably didn't notice because he was drunk off Gin.

"Thank you." I pushed the mans hands away then grabbed my things and got up. I went and kissed Tinas cheek then my little brothers then hurried out. I didn't even think to say anything to my dad. He's such an asshole.

Climbing into my BMW, I pressed the start button then relaxed back in my seat, after being in a daze for a minute, I pulled my hair out of the tight bun it was in, letting it fall over my face. I took the clear stopper out of my nose then replaced it with my gold ring. I grabbed the wipes out my glove compartment and removed the makeup that covered my visible tattoos. I was back to me again.

After that, I pulled off and headed home.

The whole ride there Chilombo played low. It was 45 minute ride home from my dads place on a good day. Since it's late, I'm able to not worry so much about traffic. Atlanta has the worst traffic. I've sat on the freeway for two hours once before. I was so damn annoyed I thought about just getting out my car and walking.

I can't wait to graduate and get away from this. I've been all over the world and it's so many places better than this. I don't know where I'm going to move to, but I just know that I don't want to build my life here.

I'll probably end up choosing my go-to place, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I want a beautiful sky rise apartment that has an amazing view of the ocean. Every morning I'll go out on my balcony thank the heavens above for another day then smoke a fat ass blunt.