➿44➿

Last one, gotta get back to Checkmate

Chapter FortyFour
Omniscient
Atlanta, Georgia - Three Months Later

"Oh my goodness it's freezing!" Kyra yelled as she sunk down in her leather seats. She had just gotten back from Kyler's doctors appointment and Atlanta was a lot colder than normal. A whining Kyler looked back at her mama. She was frustrated from the shots she had just received, but once the car starts moving, she'd be fine.

While waiting for her car to warm up, Kyra posted a picture she took of the baby before they left home.

To say that she was obsessed with her daughter, would be an understatement

To say that she was obsessed with her daughter, would be an understatement. Kyler was definitely the light at the end of tunnel for Kyra.

Finally pulling off, she made her way to Robin's house. She'd been basically begging Eric to bring her granddaughter by but he's always too busy. Since Kyra moved out, he's consumed himself with work, his daughter and school. Now that he doesn't see Kyler every day, he's selfish with their time together.

Turning into the Powell's driveway, she instantly felt like leaving. Last time she was here, it was Christmas and everything felt awkward. Eric wanted to front like things were fine between them, knowing that they don't speak anymore unless it's regarding their child. He bought Kyra and Kyler a bunch of gifts. The entire day he clung to Kyra and she didn't understand why since he's still dealing with Tori.

Kyra didn't care who he dated but when it comes to Tori, she's not allowed anywhere near Kyler, ever.

Climbing out of her car, she went and grabbed the car seat then headed to the door. Ringing the doorbell she anxiously waited for someone to open it and when they did, it wasn't who she expected.

"Hi Kyra."

"Troy....hi."

"Come in, it's freezing out here. Let me get this car seat from you too."

"Thanks." She passed him his granddaughter while stepping inside.

"Oh she's a heavy one."

"Yeah, the girl is very greedy. This is your first time seeing her right?"

"Unfortunately, yes. Her father is kind of hard to keep up with. I've asked to come by and see her, he says okay and then when I tell him I'm on the way, he's not there. Robin told me you were bringing her by so that's why I'm here."

Kyra nodded. "Well she's a sweetie pie you're going to love her."

"I know it...before anything else though, I do want to apologize for everything Kyra. I was just in a bad space in my life and I took my anger out on the wrong people. I prejudged you before really getting to know you and the way my wi— Robin, brags about you I know you're something special."