➿65➿

Chapter SixtyFiveKyra Young Marietta, Georgia - The Next Day

Chapter SixtyFive
Kyra Young
Marietta, Georgia - The Next Day

I don't even think that I slept last night, all I could think about was my dad and how the hell we're going to fix this.

Climbing out of bed, I headed downstairs to the kitchen and decided to make Eric and Kyler breakfast. Eric would be up soon to get ready for work. He told me last night that the man now running my dads company has mandated him to be in the office on all of his scheduled days. It seems like that was done to harbor him from helping my dad.

Once I got done cooking, I looked for a company that'll ship my stuff back here. I thought about keeping my place in Miami but honestly, I'd probably never go visit.

Hearing movement upstairs, I started plating Eric's food. It took him about thirty minutes to come down. He only had on his pants and shoes but looked so fucking good. I'm so glad I came home, even under the horrible circumstances.

"Good morning." He said while walking over to me.

"Good morning baby."

We shared a few sweet kisses.

"I made you breakfast." I said while passing him his plate and taking his shirt from him to press.

"Thank you! Normally it would be a bowl of cereal for me."

"Mamas home now, you ain't gotta worry about that. Cool if I bring you lunch?"

"Absolutely! I looked at my schedule for today and I'm for sure they're fucking with me. I'm working the floor all day and a million meetings in between that."

"Seems like they've been waiting for my dad to fuck up. And now they wanna push you out too."

"Yeah, that's what I'm getting."

"Sad. Tina text me last night and she has my dads lawyers lined up and ready. They're going to use emotional distress to help his case. I mean it is true so it should work."

"Yeah...I hope your dad gets the help he needs though."

"Oh he will, I'm making sure of it." I said while steaming Eric's shirt. "And speaking of help. I'm going to move out of my place in Miami and there's some things that I wouldn't dare trust with a moving company. If you can get away from work for a few days I could use your help getting packed up."

"I got you, just let me know when."

"Thank you baby. Once everything seems to be situated with my dad, I'll head down there."