➿60➿

Chapter Sixty
Omniscient
Atlanta, Georgia - Wedding Rehearsal

They finally made it to the wedding rehearsal and as promised, Kyra and Eric were the first ones there. They made sure to drive separately too, even though they'd been glued to each other since leaving his moms house.

After running through the ceremony a million times until Unique thought it was perfect, everybody sat around and talked.

But Paris sat near the back, secluded.

Staring intensely at Aaron, who'd been acting strange for the past few weeks. She didn't know what the problem was, but she knew there was a problem. He'd been coming home late, super agitated all the time, snapping at her for no reason. Whenever she mentioned his attitude he swore, it was just work stressing him out and he'd compare how easier Eric had it than him. He hadn't fully transitioned into an exec role so that partially was true.

Partially.

Aaron could feel her staring and as badly as he wanted to look her way, he couldn't. A few years ago, before Paris he didn't expect this to be his life. Back in Virginia before going to Clark, his plans were to be the next big NFL star out of the south, but a knee injury changed that. So he decided to pursue a career in psychology. When he saw how long he'd be in school to get the career he wanted he lost interest in that as well.

The best thing that came out of college was Paris, until they started having kids. He never thought he'd end up with two before the age of thirty. He didn't think he'd end up with two kids, at all!

Everything changed for him once their second one was born. His relationship didn't feel the same. The only thing Paris did was yell and complain. They didn't make any time for each other, she was always too tired for sex. It was always something.

Then he met a girl.

She made him feel good, made him smile. She wasn't yelling at him or complaining about anything. It was like an escape from the madness. No, he hasn't slept with her but he has been enjoying her company, a lot more than he should.

This new chick knew nothing about Aaron, not the kids, nor about his fiancé. And as bad as he wanted to say something, he was enjoying living in this fantasy world. None of his problems existed there.

Aaron knew eventually, he would have to end this situation. It just wouldn't be any time soon.

•••

"I hear you live in Miami." Jalen said while sitting next to Kyra. She smirked while quickly locking her phone. She didn't need him to see Eric asking if she'd ride his face tonight.

"I do."

"Me too." Jalen smiled. This man was fine as hell, there was no denying that. Kyra just didn't want to drag someone else along, knowing that she's still hung up over her ex.

But they do say, what helps you to get over one man is to get under a new one.

"You told me."

"Mmhm. I've been up here for a bit but once this is all over, I'm headed back that way."

"Oh okay, we should link up."