➿33➿

Chapter Thirtythree
Omniscient
Emory University Hospital - Three Weeks Later

Adam walked up to the front desk, knowing he shouldn't be here, but he wanted to talk to his ex wife when he knew it would be easiest. When she was medicated.

"How may I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes, I'm here to see Yvonne Young."

"Let me make sure she's able to have visitors, one second." She turned to her phone and Adam leaned on the counter and exhaled.

His phone started ringing in his pocket, he pulled out and saw Kyra calling. Instantly the guilt filled his body because he felt like he was betraying his daughter by doing this.

"Okay, she's all set." The receptionist brought me visitors pass. "Go through these double doors and just follow the signs to the visitors area."

Adam nodded. "Thank you."

As he made his way to the back, he grew nervous. He just wanted to talk to Yvonne, make her aware of what she's doing to their daughter and she needed to get help so that she can be there for Kyra and the baby.

He finally got to the visitation area, and spotted her sitting in a chair looking out the window.

His ex wife was the definition of beauty to him. Her big curly hair that she has worn since the day they met, her hazel eyes, and mesmerizing smile. Many nights he wished things were different. Yvonne was supposed to be by his side until they were old and gray.

Now that's over.

"Yvonne." Adam said while sitting across from her.

She inhaled before looking over at him. "Hey."

"How you feeling?"

"I'm tired and I have an awful headache, but I'm surviving. How are you?"

"Good...just trying to get things situated. We'll be grandparents soon, I need everything in order."

"How's Kyra?"

"She's trying to be okay but it's been tough since your last encounter."

"I feel so awful about that. I didn't even remember until you called and told me what happened. Did you tell her I was sorry?"

"I haven't, but I will. I'm not really trying to stress her out, you know."

"I get it." Yvonne ram her fingers through hair before looking at Adam. "You hate me, don't you?"

"I could never hate you Von. As hard as I've tried for all the shit you've done, I just can't. I just want what's best for you. I want you healthy and I want you happy."

"How can I fix this? Fix us? I miss you Adam, the things that makes me snap is realizing that the woman who's responsible for my marriage ending, is living what used to be my life."

"Yvonne."

"No I'm serious." She grabbed his hands. "Don't you miss us?"