➿45➿

Chapter FortyFiveEric PowellThree Weeks Later

Chapter FortyFive
Eric Powell
Three Weeks Later

"You think Kyra would like this?" Turning my phone to Aaron and Jeff.

Aaron laughed. "Oh you must've really pissed her off if you gotta buy her a damn g-wagon."

"Just wanted to show her my appreciation, that's all." I shrugged while sending an email to the dealership.

"Naw you tryna win her back cause she don't want nothing to do with you now. How you fuck that up man? After seeing y'all together at the hospital when Kyler was born, I thought shit was all good."

"It was all good, I just fucked it up."

"How?" Jeff questioned.

"Trying to straddle the fence. Part of me wanted my family, other half of me wasn't sure so I was playing both sides. Not even realizing that I was fucking everything up even more."

"We need details fool."

"The details don't matter, just know I fucked up. The girl won't even let me be around my daughter without somebody fucking watching me. Ain't that crazy?"

"Oh you really messed up for that to happen. Man give us the details."

Exhaling, I rubbed my eyes. "Like I said playing both sides. Giving Kyra some kind of hope when it came to us being together. Honestly we damn near were together just never put a title on it, but while I'm doing that, I met this chick named Tori. She was cool but the way she would always sweat me about Kyra and everything was weird to me but I gave her a chance, multiple chances...even after she disrespected my daughter."

"Wait, wait, wait!" Aaron put his hand up. "She disrespected who?!"

"Kyler...she got mad that Kyra still lived here and because I called her my girl so she said fuck me, Kyra and that baby."

"And you still fucked with her?! Are you dumb?! Imagine somebody that Kyra started talking to said the same shit, nigga you would've tried to kill him. And if Kyra kept dealing with dude you would've been pissed at her too. You crazy. I dare somebody to said anything out the way to Paris about my son and I swear on my life they getting dealt with and I don't give a fuck who it is."

"And you said the chick named Tori?" Jeff asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Short, brown, got kind of long hair?"

"Yeah, I guess."