Chapter 18

"No but Euphoria was an amazing show, but I would feel more comfortable if the characters weren't high schoolers." Denki said while looking through the hair dyes.

"True, and Leonardo Diccaprio liking the show so much while always having girlfriends way younger than him just rubs me off the wrong way."

Y/n and Denki were trying to decide which pink dye to choose between, both of them had a drink and chips already on their hands.

Their outfits were exactly what someone would expect from two teenagers on a convinience store trip at 11pm, Denki was wearing  black loose shorts with a large grey hoodie and some  black high socks with a lightning pattern. Y/n's outfit wasn't better, her (favorite color) sweatpants and one of Denki's black zip up hoodies.

"This one?" Denki asked holding up one of the pink hair dye boxes and y/n nodded, proceeding to head towards the register to pay for the stuff.

When both teenagers stepped out of the store a gush of wind passed through them, the night wasn't that windy but was enough for y/n's jacket hoodie to fall from her head and Denki's hair to get all over the place. Noticing this y/n grabbed one of her hair ties and held it to Denki, leaving the boy confused.

The girl rolled her eyes  and took a step closer to him stretching her arms up to his hair. Denki understood what she was trying to do and bent his knees a little so y/n could reach his hair more easily. She tied the upper half of his hair in a small bun, some small front pieces escaping and staying loose. Y/n stepped back and admired her piece of art.

"Welp he just got hotter, congratulations y/n"  she thought to herself, praying that the street lights didn't show the faded red that had appeared on her cheecks, caused by their proximity, because y/n, she's not really used to physical touch, her dad helping for that to happen. 

So the best way she found to distract any possible attention Denki might have found towards her cheecks she decided to confess. Just not like the confession you would think of.

"Denki, have I ever told you..."

Denki's heartbeat was already fast from her gesture before, but this start and possible outcome made it beat even faster "wouldn't it just be so romantic to confess to eachother in front of a convinience store?"  he thought to himself full of hope. His eyes sparkled in hope, looking into the eyes of the girl in front of him. "This is it, I'm getting a significant other, and it's y/n, my mom is going to be so happy."

"...how hot I think your mom is?"

Crash

That was Denki's hopes getting shattered in two seconds.

"What the...My mom? Ewww Y/n!" he whined and grabbed y/n's arms, the girl now laughing at his reaction. He started to push and pull her back and forth until she stopped laughing.

"It's true, she's like really hot." she said still trying to regain her breath. 

"Yeah, yeah, please don't say that again. Now let's go to the car is getting late." he threw his arm around y/n's shoulder and started walking towards the car, pulling the girl with him and a small smirk on his face.

Y/n was little bit surprised by his move, If it was anyone else pulling that they would've probably been elbowed in the stomach, but y/n being someone who was raised to be the epitome of competitiveness she wouldn't let him just walk away with a smirk, she wanted to make him feel nervous too. Her best option? More physical touch.

So y/n reached her hand through his lower back wrapping it around his waist, her other hand holding the clear plastic bag with the stuff they had bought.