Chapter 21

TW// panic attack (just to make sure everyone knows so skip that part if you're not comfy)

~Denki's pov~

So you know when someone tells you to not do something? Especially if they're threatening you?

Yeah, fucking listen to them.

And now you're probably wondering, Denki, you amazing genius who can do no wrong, what did you do?

Well, me and Y/n are now interning at her dad's agency, you can probably guess what was her brother's reaction to discovering this, I'll just say that UA really scored big by having him as a student, never seen someone as good as him using their quirk to kick someone's ass. Truly a talent, a 10/10.

Recovery Girl had someone questions why I smelt like a burnt barbecue but what can I say? Kakashi's quirk really is flaming hot and steamy.

But let's not get side tracked, me and Y/n's internship started three days ago and until now everything's been going fine. 

Since Y/n's dad's agency office is near Kyoto we had to go by train and now all interns are staying at a hotel near the building but I'm not complaining.

The first days were a little bit awkward, not going to lie, because I did meet her dad and he's one scary man to be honest.

 He doesn't talk much with us, the ones who are most time with us are the other heroes and he just gives us a talk when we first arrive in the morning and before we go back to the hotel. The rest of the time he's just in his office doing Satan knows what. Y/n told me that he doesn't go that much to Kyoto's office, usually he just works from home, I guess he just really goes for the interns.

Today Y/n had to stay back for some time before coming back to the hotel, apparently her dad wanted to talk to her or something, I don't really know sh just told me she'd meet me back at the hotel.

So here I am right now in my room waiting for her to be back, which is kinda boring because she's the one who's making this whole internship thing bearable.

A knock on the bedroom's door made me jump to my feet as soon as I heard it, not even bothering to finish answering Kirishima's text. I happily skipped to the door knowing who was on the other side.

"Hello there pretty thing." I said with a smile plastered on my face but as soon as I opened the door all the way through the smile that was on my face quickly changed, the sight in my room's doorway was one I definitely wasn't expecting.

There stood Y/n, her eyes all red and puffy, dry tears marked her cheecks, definitely a sight I din't except nor like for that matter.

~3rd person pov~ 

As soon as Denki's eyes landed on Y/n he wasted no time in pulling her into the room and engulfing her in a hug. One of his hands rested on the back of her head while the other stood on her back rubbing in cirular motions hoping it would ease the girl.

When small sniffles and whimpers started to be heard and progressivly getting louder Denki knew it was a matter of seconds before Y/n completely breaks down so he swiftly closed the room door with his foot, that was all it took Y/n to finally let the sobs escape her mouth and being barely able to stand up without Denki's support.

Obviously Denki knew that the chat with her dad had definitely gone bad, that's why he had been trying for the past days to reduce the direct contact she may have with her dad but him directly asking her to 'have a word his in office' was something out of Denki's control.

Denki helped Y/n to his bed so she could sit down. When he heard her breaths staring to pick up the pace and becoming less regular he unwrapped his arms from around the girl and remembered what her brother had told him the day before they went to the internship.