Chapter 22

"To be honest I don't really remember most of my childhood. Every doctor I went to told me it's my brain supressing trauma, not like I could control that."

Y/n was looking at her hands on her lap while Denki seat himself in front of her on the bed. He was ready to take in every word she told him.

"Literally my brain is filled with memories of me training or studying and then there's that rare memory where I'm actually having fun but those are from when my mom was still alive."

Denki remembered the night he searched that article about her mom deciding that it was the best moment to come clean to Y/n.

"Actually, like the first time you came over to mine, after you left," Denki took a deep breath and sighed " I kind of looked that up and yeah... I read about it and now I feel guilty because I feel like it was something I should've waited for you to tell me about."

He avoided Y/n's confused gaze, feeling almost ashamed for doing it in the first place.

"Well you saved me some time in telling that whole story, thank you very much."

Denki finally met her eyes and realized that she was grateful for not having to tell that story again, maybe it was actually a good idea to tell her.

"Continuing the story, all I can remember about my mom and what other people tell me about her is that I was always by her side, always holding onto her, I was the daughter she had always dreamed about. She always had a smile on her face even that time in second grade I was suspended for punching some kid, my dad made me home schooled after that."

Denki saw the small glint of happiness in Y/n's eyes while she talked about her mom and he hoped that light would never die, she looked so pretty when her eyes were filled with happiness.

"The day of the accident was when everything changed, Danzo is the villain who killed my mom and left me two reminders of that day... Denki you have to promise me no one will know about this, please."

"I would never betray your trust Y/n, you may not believe it but it's one of the things I treasure the most."

Y/n gave Denki a small grateful smile and began to pull up her shirt's short sleeve which revealed a bandage. Denki had always asked himself what that bandage was since he could see it during hero practice.

Y/n started undoing the bandage around her bicep, it revealed a burn scar, Denki's golden eyes widened slightly and Y/n gulped when her hands moved to the edge of her shorts.

"This one is worse, you sure you wanna see it?" she asked the boy to which he only nodded.

Y/n pulled her shorts a little bit up revealing another bandage which Denki had never noticed. When Y/n removed the whole bandage she gave Denki time to take it in.

"Can I?" he asked Y/n, motioning his hand to the scar on her thigh to which she only nodded.

Y/n felt almost like in a trance watching Denki's fingers lightly brush against the scar but she was caught off guard when he leaned down and pressed a small kiss to the scar, her mouth fell agape not expecting him to do that.

When he lifted his head again and they locked eyes, Y/n was waiting for his gaze full of pity like everyone else but his eyes were full of passion and admiration for the girl in front of him.

"Y/n, for me you will always be the most beautiful person in the whole word but finally being able to start to understand what you been through just puts you on the top of the universe for me."

Y/n had never had anyone tell her anything remotely close to that, she didn't even know how to react.

Denki saw the small tear that left the corner of her eye and trailed down her cheeck and for him that was enough of a reaction, he didn't even need one. 

He wasn't expecting when Y/n hugged him so suddenly that he fell back on the bed but he quickly returned the it.

The two teenagers stood there without moving just enjoying the other being there.

"Thank you Denki." she mumbled into the hug leaving a small smile on his lips.

'Fuck... I really am falling in love with her... and hard' 

That was all that passed through Denki's brain at that moment but he was happy that it was with Y/n for once he was actualling welcoming those feelings.

His head reached for the uncovered space between her neck and shoulder and he pressed another small kiss there. His hand was tracing small patterns on her back while she snuggled into him.

"My dad changed after that day, like a lot." Denki looked down at her but realized she was focused on nothing, like her gaze was stuck in her memories with no way out. He grabbed her hand and interwined their fingers to remind her that he was tHere with her.

"I know for a fact he didn't even want a second child but he just wanted my mom happy with having a girl like she had always dreamed of. But when she died he got stuck with taking care of me and my brother, and when my quirk appeared and it was almost the same as his he decided that I would become the hero he had never achieved."

Y/n inhaled and exhaled the air getting ready to tell Denki what no one knew.

"Every single day he would train me in every single aspect he could think of to the point I was passing out from pure physical exhaustion or overusing my quirk. I was ten years old and spening almost entire days passed out because of how far he pushed me."

"It got to the point I would beg him to just have one day to recover but he would always say no and some stuff like if I continued to be weak my mom wouldn't be the only one ending up dead because of me." Y/n chuckled in a bittersweet way as more tears escaped her eyes and Denki only held her more close to him.

"The other day I was at your house it was because me and my dad got into a fight again, he told me that I'm the one who should've died that day instead of my mom and that I'm worthless and people would realize that some day and leave me, he enjoyed telling me that so much that the next day he was at press parties with his friends sipping drinks and smiling for the flashes."

Denki tried to control his feelings, he didn't understand how could someone put their own child through something like that and then just walk around and be idolized by everyone around them while Y/n was barely holding up but would still be  the first person to beat someone up if they insulted her father.

"Then why do you still defend him? Y/n you know how much that hurts you."

"Maybe because deep down I still have the hope he cares about me like a dad would care for his daughter, I still hope for that day he gets home from work and asks me about how my day was and not just say to me to be in the trining room in 5 minutes. I just wanted to feel what other kids felt when their dad picked them up from school and took them out to ice cream in the park."

Y/n was full on crying again but Denki didn't blame her he actually felt hopeful he could help her.

"He never gave me the choice, Denki... I just wanted to choose my life for myself."

"I'll give you all the choices you need Y/n."

The both of them stayed in the same position, Denki waited for Y/n to fall asleep before he finally slept.

"I'll love you like you deserve to be loved." was the last thing he told Y/n before he fell asleep too.

.

hello

srry for taking so long but life's hard yk but oh well.

this chapter hit a little too close to home eheh but hope you guys liked it.

tysm for supporting my story love you all.

btw go check out my todotoki fic pls it's my newborn baby (still fuck them kids).

see ya