Chapter 9

Aesthetic

We landed in Texas a few hours ago and were immediately rushed to the arena. It wasn't until we were on the stage that my nerves had set in. Harry and the band were very reassuring when we started soundcheck. They could tell I was really nervous. What made me a lot more comfortable were the small moments where Harry would lean over asking me how I was doing. It was those moments alone that made my insides melt.

There was also a hint of excitement that tingled inside of me. It was slowly starting to hit me that I was actually playing alongside one of the biggest artists in the industry. It was intimidating being on the stage with Harry but it he did that thing again where he made sure everyone was comfortable before he started singing which made me a lot calmer.

After basically eating nothing the whole day, I was sat in my dressing room in the chair while Heather, our makeup artist, finished the final touches on my face.

"How are you doing Fallon?" she asked while adding a light swipe of bronzer to my cheekbones.

"I'm about to shit myself, Heather," I admitted with a nervous chuckle causing her to giggle.

"I heard you at soundcheck and let me tell just say that you were amazing. You really fit in well with the band and Harry," she smiled, adding a lip layer of lip gloss.

"Thanks, Heather. That really means a lot," I smiled.

A few seconds later there was a light knock on the door before Harry poked his head in, "Hey ladies, how's it going?" he smiled, walking in.

"Well, I just finished Fallon. I'm off to start on Sarah and Charlotte now. Good luck out there, sweetie," Heather smiled, gathering her things up before heading out.

"And how are you doing?" Harry asked leaning over the arms of the chair I was seated in.

"I'm okay, I think?" I mumbled, staring back at him through the mirror before dropping my head forward, "I'm scared, Harry."