Chapter 42

Aesthetic 

a/n:

Thank you everyone for waiting for this new update so patiently. It's been a very busy and stressful couple of weeks! I'm back now! I aim to finish Songbird by the end of the summer, which isn't too far away :( 

Happy Reading!!

Harry was coming home in two days.

That gives me two days to clean his place and get things for when he comes back. I woke up early the next day, feeling the slight kick from the drinks mom and I had last night as I raced around Harry's.

Mom

I'm still having trouble believing everything mom told me about my fuck head of a father. I swear if I ever meet him. It won't go well.

Sweat poured down my back as I vacuumed Harry's living room. I finished cleaning the whole house and left this room for the end. I connected my music to his sound system and blasted music to make the time go by faster. The familiar guitar to No Control blared through the speakers, starling me slightly.

Stained coffee cup

Just a fingerprint of lipstick's not enough

Sleep, where you lay

Still a trace of innocence on the pillowcase

I smiled to myself as I did a little shimmy as Harry and Niall's voice filled my ears. I couldn't help myself but join in, singing just as loud as the music. By the chorus I was jumping around in Harry's t-shirt, singing this song as loud as I could with my eyes shut.

"Powerless, And I don't care, it's obvious. I just can't get enough of you. The pedal's down, my eyes are closed-"

"The most certainly are..."

I jumped nearly 5 feet in the air as I turned around, dropping the vacuum cleaner, while my eyes shot right open, only to find Harry leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded across his chest. I could hear my heart beating in my ears as I watched his lips curl up into a smirk.