three.

"I don't think I've been this tired in a while

"I don't think I've been this tired in a while. Working thirty hours this week was a lot, but I know it's gonna pay off. Maybe Ma could get those patio chairs that she'd been looking at for the past two weeks. I can't even count the amount of times I asked her if she liked it and she'd brush me off and say that it'd look good for Abuela's backyard back home or it was nice but it wasn't for her. Maybe Pops could get a new upgrade for his car. I know he knows that he's not the only one hearing that car holding on for dear life."

"My legs are burning and my arms probably gained tons of muscles just by lifting products at work. But, it's a good burn, because I know it'll pay off."

Sean bit his bottom lip and looked up at the clock across the classroom. He looked up at his best friend; Benji and rolled his eyes. Benji smirked and eyed the teacher as he rambled on about their upcoming assignment.

None of the boys were able to pay attention as they focused on the clock across from them.

Sean's eyes widened as the clock almost struck 2:30. Quickly, he stashed his belongings into his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. He squinted his eyes as he glared at his best friends back. He had an advantage since he was closer to the door, but there was no way he was going to lose.

"You guys are ridiculous."

Sean ignored his friend; Vanessa next to him and looked up at the clock. Once the bell rang, he jumped out of his seat and sprinted out of the classroom, dodging as many students as he could.

"Benjamin Lawerence and Sean Jackson!"

Vanessa threw her bag over her shoulder and rolled her eyes, "I'll handle them, sir."

"You had an advantage!" Sean shoved Benji once they reached their lockers.

"Next time you gotta sit in the front," Benji shrugged, running his hands over his shoulder length locs.

"No one's tryna get picked on every damn day with all those questions."

"All you gotta do is avoid eye contact."

"How many detentions do you guys have to get to finally listen?"

The boys turned around and watched as Vanessa walked over to them with a look of annoyance.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you are not my mama?" Benji scoffed and stuffed his books into his bag.

"Leave me alone, Drake."

Sean palmed his forehead and sighed heavily, "Here we go."

"Just give her my number and tell her that I'm a cool guy. That's all I ask," Drake pleaded as he followed the small girl in front of him. He wrapped his arm around her causing her to roll her eyes.

"First of all, I'm not doing that. Second of all, get your arm off of me before I break it."

"Well damn," Drake pouted.