thirty one.

Yazmin ran her hands over her high bun to make sure that it was in the middle

Yazmin ran her hands over her high bun to make sure that it was in the middle. She caressed the flyaway curls that sprung on the sides and at the back of her head. She was going for a sleek but effortless bun. She looked over herself as she wore medium-washed blue shorts and a tan coloured corset-like top with straps. She wore a white cardigan with vibrant abstract colours just in case it got chilly.

"How do I look?" She looked back to see Alex staring at her. She looked her up and down and made her way behind her.

"Let's take some more curls out," Alex mumbled under her breath as she pulled some curls out of the bun. Placing her fist under her chin, she took a step back and continued looking at her figure.

"Oh!" She clapped and ran to her closet. She grabbed her white and tan running shoes and placed them next to Yazmin. "Wear these instead of that."

"What's wrong with these?" Yazmin pointed at her Chanel running shoes on her feet.

"Girl, those are Chanel. These are the... cheaper versions."

Yazmin nodded and thanked her before she traded shoes.

"I'm nervous," She frowned.

"Why? You guys have hung out before."

"Yeah, but that wasn't a date."

She didn't care how many times she saw him or how many times they spoke on the phone, or texted, she'd never stop getting nervous around him. He was different from a lot of the boys that she went to school with. He had substance, a personality and he had his head on his shoulders. He was on his journey to becoming a man. He wasn't spoon-fed or used the things that he had to prove the type of man that he was coming to be.

"It's seven-fifty. He should be here any minute now."

"Oh, my lord." Yazmin fanned her face to prevent herself from sweating off her makeup. She decided to go with a light makeup look for the night. Sean had told her that they weren't doing anything too fancy, so she didn't need to dress up too much. The upper-class teenage girl had a hard time understanding that since she rarely dressed casually for outings. Fortunately, Alex was around to help her and remind her that if she wanted to stick to the life that she was portraying, she had to continue to look the part.

Alex led her downstairs to the front door. She peeked out of the window and watched as a gray car pulled up in front of her house. She squealed and turned towards Yazmin.

"What?" Yazmin's eyes widened with fright.

"Girl, he brought his dad's car. This is serious."

"Stop."

The two girls squealed and jumped around until they couldn't anymore.

"How do I look?"

"For the twentieth time, you look amazing." Alex smiled. "Teeth?"