ten.

               Yazmin took a deep breath as she walked out of the change room

Yazmin took a deep breath as she walked out of the change room. Her nerves began to get the best of her as her hands began to sweat profusely. Swiftly, she wiped her hands against the velvet material of the dress.

"Yazmin, are you in there making the dress or trying it on?" Her mother called out from the other side of the door.

The teenage girl rolled her eyes and slowly walked over to the door. She peeked her head through the small gap once she opened the door, and looked around.

"Come out!" Sophia exclaimed as she scrolled through her phone, "We don't have all day. I also have to head to my fitting and then pick up your fathers customized shoes."

"I'm out, I'm out."

Yazmin took a deep breath and fully stepped out of the dressing room. Her nerves got the best of her. This was the third dress that she had worn for her mother and her assistant. Sophia was picky and she'd been that way since Yazmin was a child. She wanted things in a certain way and if it wasn't in the way that she wanted it, she flipped.

"What do you think?"

"Now this is a dress," She looked over to the sales associate and nodded her head with approval. "We want this one."

"It'll be $950, ma'am."

Sophia eyed the woman down heavily. "I know how much it is," She snapped, causing her to rush away from the change room.

"She must think I'm one of these hoodrats that come in here and window shop," Sophia scoffed and tucked her phone away. "Take the dress off so we can buy it."

Yazmin nodded and walked off to change into her mom jeans and pink blouse. It wasn't the first that Yazmin had seen her parents be treated differently due to their skin colour. It didn't happen very often, but when it did happen, they were always appalled at the fact that they were treated or talked to in a way they weren't used to.

Once she changed out of the dress, she grabbed her Marc Jacobs tote bag and headed out of the room.

"When's my hair appointment?" She asked the assistant.