eighteen.

                As the days go by I begin to think about my parents more and more

As the days go by I begin to think about my parents more and more. The animosity towards them continues to grow. I can't recall a time where I was actually nurtured by my parents. I wouldn't expect anything from my father- getting emotion from him is like pulling teeth. But, I would expect more from my mother, the woman that gave birth to me. But all she sees me as is a second chance to be bigger and better, than she was at my age. Am I not worth being cared for and about?

"Where do you want these, Ms. Roberston?"

Yazmin snapped out of her thoughts and looked around the large master bedroom that her parents owned. She looked down at her phone as her mother looked back at her.

"Where do you want these ones?"

"Oh, you can put them in my second closet?"

"Um, she said her second closet. That should be it, right?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The man walked out of the room leaving Mama Mei and Yazmin.

"Thank you so much. I'll talk to you later. Your father and I have a meeting to attend and then we're heading to get some food."

"Mhmm."

"Love you."

"Love you, too."

"And, your dad says hi. He's looking for a suit to wear."

She turned her camera onto her tall husband as he stood in front of the closet wearing a wife beater and swimming trunks. His hazel eyes latched onto his daughters and he smiled lightly.

"How are you doing?"

"Good. We're holding up over here."

"How is school? I hope we haven't fallen off track. Mama Mei and Curtis have been reporting back to me."

Yazmin rolled her eyes. "I've been doing good. A lot of social assignments that involve groups. Teamwork isn't my strongest asset, but I'm confident that I got this."