twenty six.

Yazmin walked into the house that she believed to be empty. She placed her shoes near the door and cautiously walked into the house. It'd been a couple days since her father came back home and her mother came not too long after him. The followed the program by hammering her down with a plethora of questions. Questions that could've been answered if they were just present.

She headed into the kitchen and emptied her water bottle.

"You can leave it in the sink, Yazmin." The housekeeper spoke up.

Yazmin shook her head and looked back at the red headed woman.

"It's ok. It's just a bottle."

The housekeeper looked at her apprehensively before she looked back down at the swift machine.

Yazmin placed her bottle to the side to dry and grabbed her bag from the counter. She began to walk out of the kitchen, when she slipped on the wet floor. She squealed and hastily gripped the edge of the counter.

"I'm so sorry." The housekeeper spat out. She scurried over to her to make sure that she was alright.

"I'm fine. I should've walked around." Yazmin shook her head and waved her off.

"Ingrid!"

Yazmin's heart dropped at the sound of her mothers stern voice. The housekeeper looked down at her with fear in her eyes.

She knew that her job was on the line at that very moment.

Sophia walked into the kitchen in a beautiful two piece set. Her blue button up top was oversized aloing with her blue trousers. Her curls were tucked away in a high bun. She held a measuring tape around her neck, which meant that she'd been working and was rudely interrupted by the noise.

"What's with all the noise?"

Yazmin stood up straight and cleared her throat. "Ingrid was mopping the floor and I was in her way."

Sohpia raised her eyebrows. "You almost fell."

"Y-yeah, it's not a big deal."

"Ingrid," Sophia turned towards her with an emotionless stare. "What happened to putting the caution boards on the floor?"

"I wasn't done mopping, ma'am."

"It doesn't matter. If you see someone walking into the kitchen it's either you notify them that the floor will be slippery or you get the caution board in the cleaning closet. Now what if she did fall?"

Yazmin gulped and looked down at her feet. Although her mother wasn't yelling at her, it felt like she was.

"That would've been your job on the line and a lawsuit if she was hurt. Please don't let it happen again."

Ingrid gulped. "Yes, ma'am."

Sophia looked over at her daughter and smiled lightly. She nodded towards the stairs.

"Come with me."

Yazmin nodded and looked back at Ingrid once her mother was out of sight.

"It's ok. You'll be fine." She reassured her.

"Yazmin!" Sophia called out.

"Coming." She rolled her eyes and skipped up the stairs. Her eyes widened when she walked into her mothers creative room. Th eroom was filled with colourful fabric everywhere, designs on her desk and her manikin had a few fabrics on it as well.

Despite the fact that her and her mother's relationship was tainted, there was a part of her that looked up to her mother. She aspired to be like her from the business side of things. She was dedicated to her work and was always on type of things. Her mother wasn't vulnerable and didn't love a lot of things, but she loved fashion and always had a dream for it.