seven.

The sound of the alarm ringing and the children playing was like an annoying ringing sound in Sean's ear.

Slowly, he raised his head and glared at the window across from him. He loved his neighbourhood, he grew up here and he would probably stay here for the rest of his life, but he couldn't stand the noise. It was all too much, especially when you were only getting four hours of sleep.

"Shit!" He called out, his hands reaching over his head. He groaned loudly once he was done stretching and stood up from his bed. He neatly made his bed and made his way to the bathroom.

His frown that etched upon his face from being woken up deepened when he noticed the door was closed.

"Ocupado!"

"Man, how long you gonna be in there? I gotta leave in twenty minutes."

"Can I wash my ass in peace?" Jared yelled out.

Sean scoffed and leaned against the wall. His head snapped over to the master bedroom door that was now open. He watched as his mother walked out of the bedroom with her robe on and her bonnet secured on her head. She shook her head with a smile and patted his shoulder.

"You can go use our washroom. Lord knows Jared Vincent Jackson isn't getting out of there anytime soon."

Sean shook his head, "Are we ever going to get out of our old habits?"

He could remember the plethora of times that he sat outside of the bathroom, because Jared didn't know anything about time. He could spend his entire life in the bathroom if he was allowed to.

"C'mon go and get ready," She ushered him to the master bedroom and walked off.

Sean quickly walked into the empty bedroom and headed into the bathroom. He shook at the feel of the cold water against his skin as he stepped into the shower. It was the only thing that could wake him up, along with a cup of coffee.

He shook his head quickly and stepped out of the shower.

As he walked out of the room, he rolled his eyes at the sight of his brother walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and one over his curls.

He looked over at his brother and pointed his thumb behind him, "Bathroom's free now."

"You think you funny, huh?"

Jared wrapped his arm around his head to put him in a headlock. Sean tucked his head out of the headlock and sped to his room before his brother could bother him any further.

Quickly, he threw on his white undershirt, his uniform beige shirt and blue jeans that looked years old. He ran his hands over his short cut hair and grabbed his phone. A plethora of messages from Benji, Drake and Vanessa.

He clicked on the picture that Vanessa had sent him of her on a new skateboard. His eyebrows furrowed and a smile lifted on his face before he tucked his phone away. Quickly, he sped down the stairs with his skateboard in his hand. He was' never one to take the bus often, because it often took him longer to get to his destination.

"I'm going to work now, mama. I'll see you tonight. Maybe we can talk?"

Jennifer placed her cup of coffee down and looked over at him, "Okay, about what?"

"What happened a few days ago. You crying..."

Jennifer ran her hands over her face and sighed heavily. It was evident that she was tired based on the heavy bags under her eyes that were a bit darker than her bronzed skin.